Mobil 1 M110A looks different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Guessing base plate inlet holes.

Maybe I'm a dummy, but since the base plate end is where all the magic happens, I consider that the top, not the bottom. Dome end is the bottom, especially when you consider the flow path.

Reasonable thinking. Most people consider the opening on a container the top.

The base is the base (the end that mounts to the engine), and the dome is the dome.
grin2.gif
That's typically the terms that have been used in this forum for years. As others have mentioned, using "top" and "bottom" are nebulous terms when talking about oil filters.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Guessing base plate inlet holes.

Maybe I'm a dummy, but since the base plate end is where all the magic happens, I consider that the top, not the bottom. Dome end is the bottom, especially when you consider the flow path.

Reasonable thinking. Most people consider the opening on a container the top.

The base is the base (the end that mounts to the engine), and the dome is the dome.
grin2.gif
That's typically the terms that have been used in this forum for years. As others have mentioned, using "top" and "bottom" are nebulous terms when talking about oil filters.

To be honest, I've never used the terms top and bottom in speaking of oil filters.

The OP signed on as a new member and has made this one thread and initial post. Take from that what you may but my thinking is that we are being played.

That's right you are all being played because he says bottom and you believe the picture he shows is the top. Never mind what he is asking about.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
That's right you are all being played because he says bottom and you believe the picture he shows is the top. Never mind what he is asking about.
laugh.gif

I know right, doesn't take much to throw people off!

crackmeup2.gif

49.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back