Ford vs Chevy

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Ford

Depends on the year. But most years I'd say Chevy. I worked at Ford around 2003-04 then gm for a year after that, then an independent for a number of years up to a few years back. In the mid 2000s I don't know how anyone would pick a Ford over a GM.

Extremely hot and cold on both manufacturers. Pre 07 silverado v f150, im going chevy. Ranger v s10, probably ranger. Sedans and crossover, not going american.

Is it getting to be Friday already?

I'm just going to back away now, else everyone will pick on me for my choice!

Trolling.gif

My car is cooler than your car. And sounds better too. 427, Hedman coated headers, 2.5" pipes, turbos and chrome tips.

68 side.jpg

Last edited:
Ford on anything late '80s or newer. Less than 10 years old, (yet planning it keep it long term) nobody in their right mind would buy a Chevy unless it was discounted so much that this pays for the more frequent repair bills... not that I'm singling out Chevy here, there are others with similar repair and maintenance costs.

Last edited:
I've never owned a GM product, lots of Fords, but from what I hear lately, no more Fords into my fleet until some quality returns.

With trucks, the new GM trucks are, IMHO, better looking than the new Fords.

Had my last one 8 years … lots of short trips, hauling materials down gravel roads, towing, and off roading … never saw the dealership or shop. Got another.

Ford I suppose, but with a lot of caveats.

I've only owned Fords, five of them, but they all share the same basic platform. I am more "loyal" to that platform than I am the brand. There are a couple other Ford platforms I like, also generally not current models, but really the majority of the vehicles they make do nothing for me.

There are a lot of GM vehicles I like, I just usually like the corresponding Ford offering more. I like S-Series/S-Blazer trucks, but I'll always prefer my Rangers/real Explorers. Cruze vs Focus? Couldn't care less.

GM prior to 1972. GM mid 1990s to 2001 maybe. Ford-mid 90s (T/C & Crown Vic).

I've been a GM fan ALL my life. I still own my first car-Family owned 50k actual miles 1956 Chevy Bel Air. Drives wonderfully. Looks like a show car. Had a ‘67 Big Block Corvette Coupe. Fantastic car. A mixture of then new parts and many original. Quality built, robust, easy to service (except for the rear wheel bearing/trailing arm assembly) pulled like a mother effing freight train-4 speed, 4:11 rear end!

My brand new 1983 Crossfire injected stripped down Z28 ran like a fine watch, handled like a Ferrari, and felt really tight, no t-tops, roll up windows and no rattles and squeaks. It was stolen 4 months after I bought it. The 1984 Z28 I replaced it with from the insurance payout felt, drove and sounded like a rolling bucket of bolts-JUNK.

My daily driver for the last 11 years has been a 1994 Lincoln Towncar. Bought it for $2100 in 2009. It's needed some service over the years. But with 186k miles on the original l drivetrain and no plans to replace the car-it'll probably turn out to be the most long lived car I'll ever own. Ford. In this case and era anyway.

Last edited:
Both my Ford and GM cars have been lame. But each firm makes some very good products. But lately we have been buying Toyotas, Subarus and Hondas.

Back