Sure is weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Chris142
Being the only car on the street.

Isn't the whole state on lockdown? Aren't you subject to a ticket just for driving around? Or can you say, but officer, I'm just out for a bottle of milk, when you're 50 miles from home?

You can go out and hike, run, walk your dog, ride your bike, etc. You can also go out and simply drive around if you want. Just don't stop at a non-essential business or get within 6 feet of someone.

Scott

There's no difference in traffic around here. When you're in the middle of nowhere and the main employment is Ag/Livestock, not too many things impact the normal traffic.

If anything, traffic at our local WM (only "grocery" store within 25 minutes) is actually up, along with the attendant rise in pajama-clad cows in flip-flops.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

What are those things, on-top of your hood?

Jeeps have a fold down windshield. If I wanted to fold it down the windshield would go on those rubbers.

Reduced traffic here, but it seems like the really stupid drivers are out - or they were better hidden in the traffic before.

Within the span of 2 minutes yesterday, I nearly was t-boned by a driver making an illegal left turn out of the post office parking lot, then another nitwit was driving against the traffic flow in the same parking lot.

And before anyone says anything, this was an essential trip. Mail goes to a PO Box and this was the first time in a week that I'd been able to go get it.
wink.gif

We only have a partial shut down in my area ( Seattle) and its been dead in the major downtown areas and traffic is light. I expect to shelter in place to be issued some time this weekend .

In 4 months the world has been turned upside down . how quickly things can change

Originally Posted by vavavroom
Originally Posted by atikovi

Isn't the whole state on lockdown? Aren't you subject to a ticket just for driving around? Or can you say, but officer, I'm just out for a bottle of milk, when you're 50 miles from home?

You never made it past the headline.

We are free to travel. The bars,strip clubs and restaurants are closed to keep people from being in large groups. But we arefree to stand in long lines with 100's of people @walmart

Typical of Northern Virginia, volume on the roads is down to about 25% of what it normally is but people STILL can't figure out how to drive without causing backups and slowdowns and generally getting in each other's way. It's infuriating.

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
Typical of Northern Virginia, volume on the roads is down to about 25% of what it normally is but people STILL can't figure out how to drive without causing backups and slowdowns and generally getting in each other's way. It's infuriating.
Yeah, around here if there are only two cars on 3 miles of 4-lane highway, they will be riding alongside each other and stopping for the green light at the end.

I live in downtown Vancouver, BC which is considered one of the most populated cities in Canada.
The sense of peace and quiet I experience now, is comparable to when I spent times in small towns in rural Saskatchewan as a kid.

I went to get milk today ,
(yeah they have it now, along with TP , limit on how much you can buy)
, but the traffic locally was just a bit lighter but looked pretty normal to me southwestern pa

Originally Posted by FT92

Yup, that's rationing. Just like wartime days!

If Ontario, Canada, and Michigan seem empty-I think the ENTIRE POPULATION is heading south on I-75, I had to work today-have never seen so many out-of-state RVs, 5th wheels, and various northerners heading south!

Looks almost normal here. Two HUGE Navy bases. PSNS and Submarine Base Bangor.
One place employs 10,000, the other something like 5,000. That does no include sailors.
Hard to shut those places down.
I have been directed to work from home unless something mission essential comes up. I am required to go in at least once a week as well.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Originally Posted by FT92

Yup, that's rationing. Just like wartime days!

Yeah, but they had coupon books back then too. Found the stubs of some that my father had saved. No coupons left in it though.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Yeah, but they had coupon books back then too. Found the stubs of some that my father had saved. No coupons left in it though.
If we had that now, it would be plastic swipe cards.

Traffic is normal in Missouri, people in this state have mostly ignored the guidelines.
These people won't shelter in until they are forced to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back