In light of recent events, what are you NOT doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the usual "going to work", "buying useless stuff" posts, I'd like to hear what you are NOT doing as a result of recent events.

Last Wednesday I drove to get some fried chicken. Was a nice drive (no traffic) with nice weather.
When a classic rap song came on the radio "Let your backbone slide" by Maestro Fresh Wes, I instinctively cranked it up (Lexus has an impressive stock radio).
Everyone on the streets within hearing distance looked at me like I was a leper, like I'd committed some crime against humanity...or maybe it was just my taste in music?! lol

Another one is the gym. I always enjoyed my M-F routine of 6am workouts with the usual crowd (and who could forget the cute weight room monitor,lol).
I'd get back home to shower and get ready for work feeling revitalized, ready to handle any challenge the rest of the day (or weekend) could bring me.
Now I struggle to sleep in, arrive at the office in a daze, feel bloated whenever I eat something "naughty " (chocolate, chips etc.).

Anyway, I'd like to hear of some of the things you enjoyed prior to recent events and how it feels to give them up.

I have pretty bad asthma but it is controlled well. I miss the gym closed Sunday.
I am basically staying in my house. I do have and acre and a 1/4 which is nice it allows me to spend some
time outside.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy

When a classic rap song came on the radio "Let your backbone slide" by Maestro Fresh Wes, I instinctively cranked it up (Lexus has an impressive stock radio).
Everyone on the streets within hearing distance looked at me like I was a leper, like I'd committed some crime against humanity...or maybe it was just my taste in music?! lol

Clearly it was your musical taste. 100%.
lol.gif

Well same here, no more gym, closed for a few weeks now it's saying indefinite. Good part is no more burpees and crazy stuff like headstand pushups.

Not commuting into work.
Not going to the gym, I was on the fence about this, but my gym has temporarily shuttered and suspended monthly dues. This is probably the most annoying thing since it's a good outlet for me.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
I was already not doing much to begin with, so nothing really has changed for me.
smile.gif

LOL..That's what my Dad says. He said he's an expert at doing nothing.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I was already not doing much to begin with, so nothing really has changed for me.
smile.gif

"Social distancing" is my middle name.
smile.gif

No travelling/road trips and no trail running at the local parks. As much as I do want to go out to the Nat Parks and local parks, I know it's best to stay away for the moment. The gym is closed too.

I'm wasting time not doing chores. I am thinking about the brain and how it collects information and stores it, which is more fun. I guess I could force myself to do chores, and there is a lot to do.
I would say most everyone who comes here now is looking to burn time and not do something harder.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
smile.gif

Can I learn to do that?

Is that retirement?

I'm not going to work and been basically a shut in

I did drive to get some gyros on takeout, but my tank of gas might last months at this rate.

Getting tired of being stuck at home

Stopped going to our local non profit gym in the community center. We call our group " The Expendables" Three of the guys are well into their late seventies and they have serious issues. We agreed to shut it down. I still walk our dog twice a day in our provincial park (closed for the winter anyway). On one of the walks we hike up a 500 ft hill. I noticed they have old NFL games on TV. Watched the entire first year of Black Summer, a zombie series on net-flix that was filmed in Calgary. The're currently filming season two.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back