Ford, GM, FIAT close all US factories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Originally Posted by P10crew
In before the ðŸ”

Well, there appears to be a Very Large Elephant in the room that is dominating local, national, and global news at the moment. Hard not to discuss issues that are at least peripheral to it. I consider this thread to be about vehicles, however, since it references auto manufacturers.

Exactly. The plants are not shuttering due to over supply.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by Rmay635703
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by vw7674
Fiat Ford & GM?
Where will ill-informed people go to score a sub-standard over-hyped automobile????

There. That'll Do, Pig. LOck-O-matic.

Must be SODO lingo?

Honda is closed as well due to lower than expected demand, Toyota has many overseas plants shutdown or running with skeleton crews, VW and Hyundai have many overseas plants shutdown or at partial capacity.

Nothing unique here

I heard on the news that Toyota will shut down starting Monday. Hyundai/Kia is also shutting down. I suspect Nissan is as well.

Includes all car manufacturer in EU too

Great move in terms of flattening curve protecting employees and also pause the supply . Demand will be low in short term at least.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Great move in terms of flattening curve protecting employees and also pause the supply . Demand will be low in short term at least.

Exactly. People won't be buying cars for the near term future in any large numbers. Especially since they won't have many places to go.
This goes for many items. Most non essential businesses will shut down soon.

Originally Posted by hatt
I'm pushing the US government into not buying any product with a single piece of Chinasium in it.

You are buy Chinese components and you don't even know it......

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by hatt
I'm pushing the US government into not buying any product with a single piece of Chinasium in it.

You are buy Chinese components and you don't even know it......

Absolutely there are endless "hidden" parts in every car that are made in China. Electronics especially. The big problem is that there is no secondary
source which can be had from another nation.

Bet you there were NK parts inside SK appliances while the NK complex was open …

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
In before the ðŸ”

Well, there appears to be a Very Large Elephant in the room that is dominating local, national, and global news at the moment. Hard not to discuss issues that are at least peripheral to it. I consider this thread to be about vehicles, however, since it references auto manufacturers.

Was recently reading Musk took his time and thought it's overblown … what's the latest there ?

Originally Posted by 4WD
In before the ðŸ”

Was recently reading Musk took his time and thought it's overblown … what's the latest there ?

I just read that they are shutting down Monday. Supply chains shut down earlier so they had no choice.

Originally Posted by 4WD
In before the ðŸ”

Tesla is on a skeleton crew; payroll, security, things like that.
Last I heard they went from 10,000 to 2,500 in Fremont.
Musk is converting parts of the Fremont factory to make a certain medical product that is in demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back