Funny conversations and statements

Status
Not open for further replies.
A "Please don't open the garage door, you'll heat up the house. Why do you need to open the garage door?"

A "Please set the thermostat to "off". I don't want the heat to come on."
B "Why not raise the temp of the thermostat"
A "No, I don't want the heat on".
B "Okay"

A "My car say it's 70 degrees outside. Is the heat on?"
B "Ya, it's 60 degrees in the house and it's only 70 in the sun"
A "But it's 70 degrees outside. Turn off the heat please."
B "Okay"

A "It's going to be 75 degrees this afternoon open the windows"
B "But it's 60 degrees in both the house and outside. Can we turn on the heat or not open the windows?"
A "No, like I said, it's going to be 75 degrees this afternoon.
B "Okay"

wink.gif

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
A "Please don't open the garage door, you'll heat up the house. Why do you need to open the garage door?"

Thats real where I live. A closed Garage door keeps the blazin' sun out, for most of the year.

Another one. One of the best I've ever heard.

Picture family afternoon get together of all generations. Everyone is in the back yard chatting it up.

A (Matriarch in her 70's): Steps out onto the porch and yells over the sea of people to B (Patriarch in his 70's) "Are my socks blue or black?!"
B: "They're black!"
A: "Oh Thank god, I would've died if they were blue"
B: "Oh, well in that case they're blue!" Shrugs and smiles.

B "But it's 60 degrees in both the house and outside. Can we turn on the heat or not open the windows?"
Your problem is the improper phrasing and underlying assumptions.

The correct answer is, "No, we'll open them when it warms up." Of course it's probably too late to change now. You youngsters pay attention.
smirk.gif

86F here right now. Windows closed, AC running.

The brain collects and interprets data it receives from many sensors, lke the eyes, then makes that data into pictures, sounds, smells, feelings, etc. We actually don't see things the brain gives us an interpretation from the sensors. Everything is actually dark and quiet without the brain. Is that strange enough?

Originally Posted by MrMoody
Your problem is the improper phrasing and underlying assumptions.

The correct answer is, "No, we'll open them when it warms up." Of course it's probably too late to change now. You youngsters pay attention.
smirk.gif

86F here right now. Windows closed, AC running.

The correct response is "yes, Dear".

Another one. One of the best I've ever heard.

Picture family afternoon get together of all generations. Everyone is in the back yard chatting it up.

A (Matriarch in her 70's): Steps out onto the porch and yells over the sea of people to B (Patriarch in his 70's) "Are my socks blue or black?!"
B: "They're black!"
A: "Oh Thank god, I would've died if they were blue"
B: "Oh, well in that case they're blue!" Shrugs and smiles.

Last guy I knew like that, had the perfect selectory auditive capacity, had worked most of his life away from home on the railroads repairs crews, and could chop wood with one hand (and an ax) at 89. RIP G.I.L. (Granpa in Law)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back