Sure is weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being the only car on the street.

IMG_20200319_170730.jpg

I live in the most densely populated state in the nation, and I too have noticed a significant drop in the number of cars on the road. I like it.

Originally Posted by Chris142

I love it!! It's been so peaceful.

I actually hit a little traffic this morning. It looked like the ones that were on the road had been out drinking or something. Lane control was lacking.

Our individualism and preference to transport ourselves around in private vehicles instead of mass transit (rail, bus, etc) may be an advantage.

Ah, h more like it was in the early 70's when the population was 1/2 of what it is now.

I could blast down a Major interstate at night to test out my Buick 401 nailhead top speed and only see maybe a couple cars on the highway..

Plus the Town only had maybe 2 traffic lights at each end of town with the big State road intersections. Later, The center of town had a Cop in a little guard building manually running traffic lights at peak commuting hours.

Good ole days.

It is so obvious to you now that We are WAY overpopulated in this country.

Many large cities should be able to see now cause all the haze is gone and you can breathe like they did a 100 years ago...but we do love congested cities....lol

Isn't the whole state on lockdown? Aren't you subject to a ticket just for driving around? Or can you say, but officer, I'm just out for a bottle of milk, when you're 50 miles from home?

Originally Posted by atikovi

Isn't the whole state on lockdown? Aren't you subject to a ticket just for driving around? Or can you say, but officer, I'm just out for a bottle of milk, when you're 50 miles from home?

Yes and I am necessary according to the state so I am good to go.

Originally Posted by atikovi

You never made it past the headline.

My brother is in Santa Clarita. I'll call talk with him tonight.

So what's the rules?

I assume you can go out to buy:

Groceries, Medications, Hardware and go to Hospital, get Gasoline. Walk the dog/pig/bear/panther near your house.

I also assume Police/ Nat'l Guard have no authority to fine you - or arrest you.

Is all Business shuttered?

How do you define an essential business to remain open in the "grey areas"

Last edited:
Originally Posted by doitmyself
Never a better time to use the term "surreal" to describe what's going on.

That's for sure. Traffic is way down here in upstate NY. I drive past a few billboards every morning on the way to work, it's so weird seeing the signs saying "Stay Home, Save Lines" and "Flatten the curve" . I'm an essential employee, so I still have to go in to work every day.

What are those things, on-top of your hood?

..... and does anyone why the road-scenic picture wasn't included, when I quoted Chris' post?
How do I get the picture inside my reply???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back