Walmart Auto Care Centers to close after today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
Walmart ACC will close after business hours, March 19. After today, ACC associates will be moved into the store to help out where needed. Walmart has deemed us "non-essential" to operation.

I don't think you phrased that very well. They're not saying you, as the employees are "non-essential", they're saying oil changes and selling tires are currently non-essential, certainly as compared to unloading trucks and stocking shelves with food. That's what you'll be doing, right ?

Originally Posted by pitzel
Yes, oil changes can be extended in most cases, but not indefinitely. And there are safety related things, or even literally "no-go" items like flat tyres, that will need service to be available.
99% of people can extend their oil changes by a month with absolutely no concern. Only some folks here will have an anxiety attack about it. Then again, they wouldn't be caught dead allowing a Walmart employee change their oil...

Discount Tire also sent an email saying things like their free tire rotation and other things are no longer being offered (for the time being). Only new tire sales and flat tire repairs are being done.

Originally Posted by chainblu
If I was a WM ACC employee, I'd be grateful to be moved inside the air conditioned store for a while. Stocking shelves is pretty much a mindless job and the paychecks will still be coming.

I may be wrong, but the pay scale for the auto techs is probably higher than floor personnel. I doubt that they'll reduce their wages. Even Walmart....

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
A 1 item max limit will be enforced for high demand items.

Good idea ... cut down on the hoarders.

Yeah, the hoarding is still a problem here. Hopefully it will taper off as hoarders find themselves with years worth of stock and no easy ways to unload it or return it. I think quantity limits and no return policies will be the only way to curb it.

The dealer I work at is still pretty wide open, but everyone is definitely nervous and uncertain. Service is slower, but we still have a steady stream of customers. In wholesale parts, the body shops have been going nuts...seemed like it was slowing down midday, but then the phones started going non-stop again. If it keeps up like this, my commission check this for this month will be fine, but I am worried the bottom could fall out at anytime. We will only close if absolutely forced to, but I do think it could happen.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

I may be wrong, but the pay scale for the auto techs is probably higher than floor personnel. I doubt that they'll reduce their wages. Even Walmart....

No, I don't think they would for a temporary duty relocation. A few years ago, they rearranged the pay scales. Yes, the auto techs make more than the dude collecting shopping carts in the parking lot, but that 18 year old check-out chick makes just as much as the auto techs now.

I make $15.30 an hour currently. I'm gonna transfer stores for a little bit while the scare dies down. Gonna get out of the big city while this is going on. I have had a huge chunk of jobs while working for WM. The ACC is by far one of the best jobs in WM for me.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
A 1 item max limit will be enforced for high demand items.

Good idea ... cut down on the hoarders.

I ended up with last two toilet paper packs over past weekend with a Walmart employee who got sick of handing them out one by one off a pallet. She saw my 3 girls and a girl cousin and said you'll need this.

I was not even going into store for toilet paper.

One pack to a person, so bring your whole family... No wait there's an epidemic, please don't bring your whole family.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by mk378
One pack to a person, so bring your whole family... No wait there's an epidemic, please don't bring your whole family.

My daughter and her husband have (4) young kids and she was almost out of toilet paper and she couldn't find any at multiple stores. I was ready to drive 120 mile round trip to give her some ! She found out a nearby store was getting a delivery but it would be limited to (1) package. I told her to give my granddaughter a $10 bill and for her to buy a 2nd pack ! She had already left so she didn't do it though. My son-in-law is a policeman, works 3rd shift, so he was going to go when he woke up. Not sure if he got any though.

Originally Posted by mk378

My daughter and her husband have (4) young kids and she was almost out of toilet paper and she couldn't find any at multiple stores. I was ready to drive 120 mile round trip to give her some ! She found out a nearby store was getting a delivery but it would be limited to (1) package. I told her to give my granddaughter a $10 bill and for her to buy a 2nd pack ! She had already left so she didn't do it though. My son-in-law is a policeman, works 3rd shift, so he was going to go when he woke up. Not sure if he got any though.

A lot of people will learn to adapt. Paper napkins, paper towels, there are lots of ways to get the job done.

Now that the weather is starting to warm up, run a garden hose through the bathroom window with a trigger spray nozzle.

Originally Posted by PimTac
A lot of people will learn to adapt. Paper napkins, paper towels, there are lots of ways to get the job done.

Now that the weather is starting to warm up, run a garden hose through the bathroom window with a trigger spray nozzle.

You practice what you preach ?

I haven't seen toilet paper on the shelves for at least two weeks. On my last store visit I bought two large packs of paper napkins.

The stores are picked through around here.

WM is definitely shifting their focus. I mail ordered a 3-pack of Supertech synthetic 5w30 5qt jugs on the 16th and it's still in the "processing" stage 4 days later. I'd normally have the package in hand by now.

This was after 4 days of waiting for an Amazon basics 5w30 order to go through that I aborted. I guess I should give up trying to mail-order my oil for now.
lol.gif
It's just so darn handy and I generally get it less expensive that way.

lol.gif
... a Waterpik uses less water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back