Pennzoil Maximum Power 0W-30, VOA

Pennzoil Maximum Power 0W-30, VOA

[Linked Image]

Following the trend of Pennzoil's really light Xw30's. Thanks for the voa.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I'm sure there are things that are not showing up in this VOA. I'm a bit surprised the moly number is higher, but depending on the type of moly and other additives, it may not be necessary.

The Smart takes a MB 229.5 specification oil.
Got about twenty quarts of the Pennzoil Euro 0W-40 when Maul-Mart had it for under a dollar a quart...

This will go in my Saturn SL2, manual transmission. It will use anything XX-30...
I changed 5th gear from a .730 to a .605, which dropped the RPM's by 1000...

Filter will be a Champion COS3600, a Rock Auto 97¢ special...

Wouldn't that fail PQIA testing as being out of viscosity range? It's marketed as fuel saving oil, but that doesn't mean you can just make it thinner.

Originally Posted by tcp71
Wouldn't that fail PQIA testing as being out of viscosity range? It's marketed as fuel saving oil, but that doesn't mean you can just make it thinner.

I don't think so, there are 5W-30's that were below 10.0cst in the past...

This oil is not out of the 30 weight range it is just at the extreme bottom of the range making it just slightly heavier than the heaviest 20 weight.

I would have no problem using such an oil in any vehicle requiring or recommending 0w20 or 5w20. That being said I will be sticking with Valvoline Synthetic 0w20 or 5w20 myself.

The 30 grade goes down to 9.3 cSt.

Originally Posted by A_Harman

The 30 grade goes down to 9.3 cSt.

Doesn't it seem like the range shown on the Blackstone standard sheet is just wrong? XW30's upper limit is also 12.49 cST at 100C as opposed to 13 as shown by Blackstone.
Or maybe they are assuming oil is normally going to thicken in use and that range is what they expect for a UOA? Seems like people here tend to see oil thinning in use in their UOAs, maybe except for a few who run really long OCIs and end up seeing some oxidative thickening.

BTW, I would have no problem using this new 0W30 in the winter assuming it ever shows up at WM...

Back