Disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I decided to get ticket prices for the barber indy car grand prix. I live approx. 2 hours north of barber motorsports park, and have never been. I've never necessarily cared about IndyCar racing, but the last several years I've thought it would be neat to go down there and watch the races and see the museum.

Well....its been cancelled. ...

I think I'd risk coming home sick to have the opportunity to have a motorsports weekend, but maybe that's just me.

Never been, never really cared, but this time willing to come home sick with an infectious disease

Got it.

Yes, this virus is certainly taking the fun out of life, the 12 hours of Sebring has also been postponed. I normally fly my Cessna in and watch the race.
Ugh. I also had concert tickets to see Yes and Alan Parsons. Cancelled. This was to be Jon Anderson's last tour.

Well I hope my Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan out take wasn't what got the last one locked. If so, I'm sorry.
50.gif

Originally Posted by Red91

I think I'd risk coming home sick to have the opportunity to have a motorsports weekend, but maybe that's just me.

I understand the feeling. I haven't been to a basketball game in years, and had tickets to the Rockets/Trail Blazers this weekend. I would have gone as well.

It's people like us that make these measures necessary.

I've wanted to go to barber for a long time, but I really couldn't justify spending money on tickets and fuel to go. Seeing racing in person is such a different experience than on TV. I've never cared much to watch IndyCar (I dont even watch nascar anymore) but I bet its really something to see them in person.

Today I decided to get ticket prices for the barber indy car grand prix. I live approx. 2 hours north of barber motorsports park, and have never been. I've never necessarily cared about IndyCar racing, but the last several years I've thought it would be neat to go down there and watch the races and see the museum.

Many other events are cancelled. The F1 race this weekend is cancelled. The mass hysteria has finally arrived. Y2K didn't do it back in 2000, but now this Covid-19 has gotten everyone's attention.

I was in the Costco in Kingston, Ontario last night at there was a line up of carts halfway through the store. I said out loud, what's all the fuss are TVs on sale for $50 each?????

Once this is over you should go see a race. I've only been to a couple of races in my lifetime, but they were worth it. I went to the F1 at Indy back in 2006. That was great event and to see the size of the IMS and museum is awesome.

I have been there many years ago. Beautiful location, really nice place to visit. Maybe you can get there next year.

Mass hysteria is exactly what is going on, and that's all I'll say about that.

When I was around 12-15, myself, my dad and my brother had about a three year stint where we'd go down to Talladega on Friday to watch practice. We'd arrive around 10, go through all the souvenir trailers, go back out to the car for a sandwich, then up into the stands to watch the practice session for a bit. It was always a neat trip.

Back in 2005, we were headed back home from a funeral in Kentucky, and we stopped at the Kentucky speedway. I believe this was in July, and we just stopped to visit since we were already there. We visited the gift shop, and it just so happened that dale jarret was there testing the 88 car. We didn't meet him or anything, but it was cool to have stumbled upon that and get to see him pilot the car around the track.

Its been too long..

Is the museum still open? It's worth seeing. The first time I went down, I went to the museum, which is mostly devoted to motorcycles.

I have done 4 track days at Barber, and it's a very fun, but intense, track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back