Cheaper than dirt price gouging

How can they be getting away with this? They have Federal 12g #7.5 shells in a 250 pack for $334. I'm sure there is other overpriced ammo as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not an "essential" item so no law broken. They also have .223 55 FMJ bulk ammo @ $1.00/rd.

Just an [censored] business move.

Originally Posted by CT8
It is not the first time CTD price gouged.

Exactly. Lots of people vowed to never buy anything from them again a few years ago. They're still in business.

Yeah, bad rep and I quit buying from them. Natchez, Palmetto State Armory, Sportsman's are where I get my ammo for the most part. So many sales, now I have too much.

I've noticed this is as well. There is still some ammo at local retailers near me but it's few and far between. Mostly deer hunting rounds and a few different varieties of shotgun shells that nobody wants. Glad I keep my stash topped off during the good times so I don't have to panic buy during the bad times.

I was somehow able to find some 7.62x39mm online yesterday for $5 per box of 20. Picked up 800 rounds for my AK. Must not be as popular as .223/AR ammo because that stuff was sold out everywhere I looked.

CTD has price gouged during every crisis.

Every crisis.

That's why I have not, and will NEVER buy from them.

SGAmmo never gouges.

Neither does MidwayUSA.

In fact, during the worst of times, Midway kept prices steady and offered ammo as it came in, first come, first served.

Great company.

Originally Posted by ArrestMeRedZ
Yeah, bad rep and I quit buying from them. Natchez, Palmetto State Armory, Sportsman's are where I get my ammo for the most part. So many sales, now I have too much.

Huh?

They removed all the price gouging products it seems. Wonder if it had to with all the attorney general complaints.. could also be everyone calling them out.

Lower Than Dirt.......
After sandy hook i refuse to even click on to anything linked to them.
I didn't realize they were up to there old tricks.

Originally Posted by Leo99
Originally Posted by ArrestMeRedZ

Huh?

I'm going to run out of heartbeats before I run out of ammo at the rate I get to the range.

I just checked and PSA is completely out of .223/5.56. At least I have plenty of that, 00 buckshot and 9mm for friends and family if they need it.

Last edited:
Hello hoarders. Please stop crying because someone is pricing to current market conditions and not allowing you to top off your fort at last month's prices. You should have bought last month.

High price IN STOCK ammo is a lot better than low price OUT OF STOCK ammo.

Originally Posted by Astro14

Every crisis.

SGAmmo never gouges.

Neither does MidwayUSA.

In fact, during the worst of times, Midway kept prices steady and offered ammo as it came in, first come, first served.

Great company.

Last I checked SG isn't taking orders. How does that help you if you need ammo?

Originally Posted by hatt
Originally Posted by Astro14

Every crisis.

SGAmmo never gouges.

Neither does MidwayUSA.

Great company.

Last I checked SG isn't taking orders. How does that help you if you need ammo?

They'll be back up soon.

If you can't wait a few days for ammo, your failure to plan is part of the reason for the panicking.

CTD is a trashy business anyways. They refused to sell me almost anything gun related because of the stupid Safe Act in NYS. They wouldn't even ship it to my FFL. As Astro said stick to Midway, they're solid and reputable. I will NEVER buy anything from CTD.

Originally Posted by hatt
High price IN STOCK ammo is a lot better than low price OUT OF STOCK ammo.

That is what I am wondering. If they left it low, they'd be out of stock.

As always, stock up before you need it.

pls report any price gouging to the State AG,

Cheaper has done this before, most of us have not forgotten and I avoid going to their website, un-ethical practices.

Back