I won't be buying anymore.

They are most likely ecores like the st6607

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I'm guessing it's still louvers.
I won't be buying anymore.

They are most likely ecores like the st6607

These new M-1 filters are Ecores?
I gotta' grab a flashlight - go to Walmart and take a closer look.

Well its like a hybrid ecore. The base plate is different then a regular ecore but has the plastic cage center tube.

Like you I'd have to go look at one to confirm it

I've just noticed recently the st6607 went from a louvered metal tube to plastic cage

If they did change to it its probably only a few select sizes that are affected

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Guessing base plate inlet holes.

Maybe I'm a dummy, but since the base plate end is where all the magic happens, I consider that the top, not the bottom. Dome end is the bottom, especially when you consider the flow path.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Guessing base plate inlet holes.

Maybe I'm a dummy, but since the base plate end is where all the magic happens, I consider that the top, not the bottom. Dome end is the bottom, especially when you consider the flow path.

Reasonable thinking. Most people consider the opening on a container the top.

When it comes to OFs personally don't use the terms, top or bottom. I use the terms dome end and thread end/base end. However if I did use top or bottom I suppose by the term "dome" end I'd consider that the top, and "base" end as bottom. But that's just me. As the OP showed the base end, that's how I saw it.

As seen in the previous wemay thread linked, baseplate design change dates to at least a year ago.

Referring to the "top" or "bottom" of an oil filter is foolishly ambiguous, since they can be oriented any way in use. On most vehicles of my acquaintance, neither end is the top. In the box in the store, the dome end is usually on top.

Wow-M1s are going to ecore, now?? Someone enlighten me as to why they are worth up to TWICE what an Ultra costs? Or THREE times what a NAPA Gold costs (if you catch the fleet sale)?

He said bottom of the filter, then showed a picture of what he is talking about. I understood it.

Wow-M1s are going to ecore, now??....
I've not seen an indication of that. The M1s I've seen at WM still use metal centertube and endcaps. Only change I see here is the baseplate design. Can't see the OPs well but what I can see looks like metal to me. But they are more than Ultra everyday WM price.

Champ GM ACDelco new-ish filter do use nylon centertube and metal endcaps. ST9688 the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back