Walmart Auto Care Centers to close after today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart ACC will close after business hours, March 19. After today, ACC associates will be moved into the store to help out where needed. Walmart has deemed us "non-essential" to operation. This is only temporary but no date given on when they will reopen.

All stores will open at 7AM, and close at 8:30 PM.

Every Tuesday Walmart will open 1 hour early for seniors(60+) to shop. (March 24-April 28).

A 1 item max limit will be enforced for high demand items.

This is a company wide announcement.

Sad. On a bright note, there'll be less complaints about how sumps were over or under filled. Filters too tight, or stripped drain plugs, etc....
wink.gif

Haven't been any Walmart Auto Centers opened around Metro Detroit's Big-3 counties in years. They used the Auto Centers to expand the stores to sell food.

I just looked at the Wal-Mart website and the notice was dated 3/18. effective 3/19.

"...and will take additional steps beginning Thursday, March 19."

They're already closed today.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
On a bright note, there'll be less complaints about how sumps were over or under filled. Filters too tight, or stripped drain plugs, etc....
wink.gif

Haha!
laugh.gif

Pretty sad, the little guy gets hammered first in this crisis.

My brother-in-law is a service manager at a large Honda dealership in Massachusetts, yesterday he was told to fire 8 hourly techs/employees. Good people. Reliable workers.

Just three weeks ago these large companies...dealers, shops, were begging to hire kids from vocational schools (coop). And they'd always complain when they decided to go to college instead, upon graduation.

So the dealers are going to stay open, but they'll do that with their flat rate techs. They'll let their techs get into peoples dirty cars...with used tissues hanging out of the cup holders, trash on the floor and buggers wiped on the steering wheels...just as long as they don't have to pay them by the hour. Despicable.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
SOP for many / most / all the WM stores , around here , is open 24/7 . Had not heard of the change ?

This was just announced in the last day or two.

Seems like a golden opportunity to augment capacity of their online grocery pickup and delivery with that location of their store. That service is slammed and not available.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Seems like a golden opportunity to augment capacity of their online grocery pickup and delivery with that location of their store. That service is slammed and not available.

Exactly. The store close to me is doing non stop business with their drive up/pickup service.

The deli and food production is also booming. They get a lot of online orders too.

I really doubt that many people (other than here) think much about bald tires or overdue oil changes at this point.

Originally Posted by mk378
I really doubt that many people (other than here) think much about bald tires or overdue oil changes at this point.

OH MY! My tires are going to go bald if I don't change my oil? Say it isn't so!
shocked2.gif

Darn, I was going to take my Jerry can out there to dump waste oil. Guess AZ or AAP will take it even though I don't purchase many parts at those stores.

Some people especially those who work with critical infrastructure, are going to have vehicles that require some form of care. Yes, oil changes can be extended in most cases, but not indefinitely. And there are safety related things, or even literally "no-go" items like flat tyres, that will need service to be available.

If I was a WM ACC employee, I'd be grateful to be moved inside the air conditioned store for a while. Stocking shelves is pretty much a mindless job and the paychecks will still be coming. Besides, right now is the worst time to be crawling into someone's filthy car. People are just nasty!

Originally Posted by mrsilv04
I just looked at the Wal-Mart website and the notice was dated 3/18. effective 3/19.

"...and will take additional steps beginning Thursday, March 19."

They're already closed today.

They will close after today. Today is the last day of them being open.

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
A 1 item max limit will be enforced for high demand items.

Good idea ... cut down on the hoarders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back