Win10 bsod's evry day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this helps

driver.jpg

If you disable the wireless device(s), will it still eventually BSOD?

If not, you can be reasonably sure that the wireless driver(s) is indeed the culprit.

Originally Posted by daves66nova
Hope this helps

And there it is, the one you have highlighted, so we have our culprit.

Are you just using the default drivers that came with the unit?

Looks like the generic drivers from Realtek are actually older than the ones you are using: https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8812bu-software

It may be prudent to just replace the USB WiFi card.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Hope this helps

And there it is, the one you have highlighted, so we have our culprit.

Are you just using the default drivers that came with the unit?

Looks like the generic drivers from Realtek are actually older than the ones you are using: https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8812bu-software

It may be prudent to just replace the USB WiFi card.
Yeah, I just connected it. so d/l that one and all shall be good?

I d/l'd it even though it did not state Win 10 but no luck. It states that it does not support Win 10. So what inexpensive usb wifi antenna do you recommend? this one is maybe month and a half old. Thanks

I'm using a computer that originally came with Windows 7 and it's several years old. I use it mostly as an internet cruiser and just a little Word pad.
I upgraded to Windows 10 and it took quite well, except for playing the "came with Windows" solitaire card game.
That game will give me the BSOD every time. The cure for it? I don't play solitaire on it.

I d/l'd it even though it did not state Win 10 but no luck. It states that it does not support Win 10. So what inexpensive usb wifi antenna do you recommend? this one is maybe month and a half old. Thanks

You can instruct W10 to treat the downloaded driver installer as a W7 program when it is executed, that might allow you to use the W7 driver on a W10 system to avoid the BSODs.

It does state Windows 10 though:
[Linked Image]

What exactly comes up when you extract and run it?

it's my 11 y.o. daughters. She plays roblox quite a bit on it, watches Youtube vids, that's pretty much it. She gets the BSOD at least 2 times a day. I bought it in November. would the"code" be good enough to figure out what the cause is?

What kind of anti-virus is being uses on this machine? I went through a huge trouble-shooting ordeal on my Win7 machine with the BSOD, and it was being caused by Bitdefender (free version). Uninstalled it, and never had another BSOD.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
it's my 11 y.o. daughters. She plays roblox quite a bit on it, watches Youtube vids, that's pretty much it. She gets the BSOD at least 2 times a day. I bought it in November. would the"code" be good enough to figure out what the cause is?

What kind of anti-virus is being uses on this machine? I went through a huge trouble-shooting ordeal on my Win7 machine with the BSOD, and it was being caused by Bitdefender (free version). Uninstalled it, and never had another BSOD.

Yup, I had the same issue with BD on a few machines so I just swore off it completely.

Update drivers for lan. I would temporarily disable any virus protection and firewalls. I disable all Windows Security on my machine and run a 3rd party such as Avast. Start with the basics and work from there.

Originally Posted by MrMoody
Is this an external USB WiFi adapter? Do they still make laptops without built-in WiFi?

OP didn't say it's a laptop.

FWIW, I use one of those external USB wifi adapters myself as it gives me better signal and faster transfer speeds that the old wifi adapter built into my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back