Goodyear Halts Tire production in North & South America

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.moderntiredealer.com/ne...ut-down-manufacturing-in-americas-region

Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. will suspend tire and chemical manufacturing in its Americas region through at least April 3 or until further notice "in response to the sudden decline in market demand resulting from the rapid spread of the COVID-19 pandemic."

....Goodyear officials said that "phased shut down will begin across the company's tire, retread and chemical plants in Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and the United States over the coming days."

https://www.moderntiredealer.com/news/737797/triangle-plants-in-china-near-full-capacity

Triangle Tire Tire USA says its four manufacturing plants are now operating near full capacity after a lull created by the Chinese New Year and subsequent coronavirus shutdown.

"With much uncertainty about how the coronavirus pandemic will affect global tire production, we are grateful that the four Triangle plants are now operating at above 90% capacity," says Manny Cicero, CEO of Triangle Tire USA.

Sheesh, just makes you wonder....what else will be shut down?!
They say they want to keep all the essential businesses and companies open that supply our food, water, power, gasoline etc.
But when those companies use trucks to transport supplies, where will they get supplies to keep those vehicles running (i.e. tires)

I swear, this is almost as bad as WWI and WWII
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
...But when those companies use trucks to transport supplies, where will they get supplies to keep those vehicles running (i.e. tires)

crazy2.gif

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trucke...keeping-supply-chains-moving-11584564327

...Truckers are trying to navigate growing challenges on highways and at loading docks as they seek to keep supply chains running to meet surging coronavirus-driven demand for consumer staples and medical equipment.

...Trucking capacity is getting tighter as demand surges from retailers and manufacturers hustling to replenish stores and distribution centers cleaned out by shoppers stockpiling food and sanitizing supplies.

...Shipments of items such as electronics and health and beauty products are being delayed as retailers make more room in distribution centers and stores for food, paper products and diapers, according to Mac Pinkerton, president of freight broker C.H. Robinson Worldwide Inc.'s North American Surface Transportation division.

...The American Trucking Associations industry group has asked the Trump administration to exempt truckers delivering essential goods from travel and other restrictions aimed at containing the pandemic.

...In a letter Tuesday, the group also asked for rest stops to be kept open and for guidance on driver health, including possible testing for Covid-19. "Absent policies like these, it will be more difficult to ensure that the shelves are stocked and emergency supplies reach first responders and medical personnel," ATA Chief Executive Chris Spear said in the letter.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Sheesh, just makes you wonder....what else will be shut down?!
They say they want to keep all the essential businesses and companies open that supply our food, water, power, gasoline etc.
But when those companies use trucks to transport supplies, where will they get supplies to keep those vehicles running (i.e. tires)

crazy2.gif

Don't worry plenty of truck tires and parts in stock. No run on truck tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back