Denso Oil Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not hearing much on Denso filters on the forum, are the new Made in China as good as the Thailand models? I always thought of the Thailand Densos as very good filters and the cost at least from RA was reasonable.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of Toyotas go a lot of miles on OEM Toyota (denso - mostly Thailand) filters.

*shrug*

Why mess with China and Thailand when you can get USA or Austria?
smile.gif

If your Toyota has a spin-on filter, nothing wrong with Wix or Fram

For the Toyotas using cartridge filters, my choice would be Mahle

Beware of fake Japanese OE brands oil filters coming out of China! To have peace of mind use Wix XP or Fram Ultra

Denso has good quality control wherever their parts are made. Be sure you are getting them from reliable outlets.

Buy your filters from a dealer and you should be okay. Or at least if you go on eBay, check and make sure they are from a legitimate dealer.

I bought 2 Denso element filters from RA for my stash.

Denso included the wrong size O-ring.

Alas, I didn't open to inspect.

Denso said they couldn't do anything and RA said my time has expired.

MORAL: Inspect when you take delivery.

Been using Denso oil filters since 1967 when I purchased my first Toyota, a four door Corona with the 3R engine. For some years, it was Nippon Denso. Don't recall when Nippon was dropped from the packaging. The First Time Fit filters coming out of China that I have cut open look well built. Just received a shipment and getting ready for spring oil change. 04 V6 going on eighty thousand runs like new. No oil consumption between changes. DENSO

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Been using Denso oil filters since 1967 when I purchased my first Toyota, a four door Corona with the 3R engine. For some years, it was Nippon Denso. Don't recall when Nippon was dropped from the packaging. The First Time Fit filters coming out of China that I have cut open look well built. Just received a shipment and getting ready for spring oil change. 04 V6 going on eighty thousand runs like new. No oil consumption between changes. DENSO

I bet the dealer was a small place then. I remember the Crowns which had the same engine I think with a three speed column shift and overdrive. My dad was looking at the station wagon. The dealer was working out of a two bay converted gas station with a few cars on display. The Honda dealer was a hole in the wall motorcycle shop.
I wish Denso would have opened a US factory to produce oil filters, some Denso air filters are made in USA.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey

I bet the dealer was a small place then. I remember the Crowns which had the same engine I think with a three speed column shift and overdrive. My dad was looking at the station wagon. The dealer was working out of a two bay converted gas station with a few cars on display. The Honda dealer was a hole in the wall motorcycle shop.
I wish Denso would have opened a US factory to produce oil filters, some Denso air filters are made in USA.

The first Toyota dealer I dealt with started out in a store front building never meant for auto sales. Built a new showroom the next year.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Why mess with China and Thailand when you can get USA or Austria?
smile.gif

If your Toyota has a spin-on filter, nothing wrong with Wix or Fram

For the Toyotas using cartridge filters, my choice would be Mahle

I recently changed the oil on our Lexus RX350 and used a Mahle cartridge filter element. Great quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back