Goldwing parts sticker shock!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used the HiFlo filter on my Hayabusa. Think I got it on Amazon. Seems like a decent filter. There's a video on YouTube were a guy uses some UV dosed particulate to test the filter efficiency by how much "glow" there is in the filtered oil. If I recall, the K&N looked to be the most efficient, and the Fram and HiFlo looked about the same. I think I've also used the K&N on the Busa because the nut on the end makes it easy to install and remove, but it can also poses a risk of oil leakage (from a bad weld) and cause the rear tire to get oiled down ... NOT something you want to happen on a motorcycle.

Agreed, bypass pressure is a specification or number that can be talked about. I don't know of a premature engine failure ftom using one filter over another due to anything to do with a bypass valve. That's all I'm trying to share, it is debatable and there are differences but as you have pointed out there probably hasn't been an issue that anyone can point a finger to.

Those are the things I'm looking for, is there an issue that someone can point to. Otherwise as we all enjoy, it gives us something to debate that will go on forever because there is no empirical data putting an end it.

Hi-Flo is what I typically run in my bikes, find them online for good pricing.

I'd much rather pay $14 for a filter than $15 a quart for motorcycle branded motor oil...

Originally Posted by Bonz
Well then just pay $10 a quart for M1 MC specific oil, LOL.

That's exactly what I'll do...

01.gif

$10 a quart, find a rebate from Mobil and it's even better. As well, does not lose shift quality over at least a 5,000 mile oci based on my experience with 20w50 V-Twin or 10w40 4T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back