Members 71,000

Forum Statistics
Forums
Topics
Members
Most Online
Jan 20th, 2020

So again, where is everyone...….these days

I'm not certain that I understand your question - BITOG is still quite busy, and we passed the 70,000 mark earlier this year.

"Where is everyone?" - meaning? And, what do you mean, "again"? Did you ask this question earlier?

I took a week off as I was crazy busy at work. I err umm am really busy at home but am managing to eek out some time for BITOG again.

Wayyyyyyyy more to life than just social media. I miss being a kid growing up and being mentally and physically active with sports and nature on a daily basis with no/zero attachments to social media/electronics at all times.

I miss being a kid... I wasn't into sports but life was more interesting.

I have every plan to take a number of walks around the neighborhood during this time. [For what it's worth, on a normal day I could walk for an hour and only come across one other person doing likewise.] Kinda sad it wasn't a bit later in the year so I could spend some time raking the yard...

Originally Posted by supton

I have every plan to take a number of walks around the neighborhood during this time. [For what it's worth, on a normal day I could walk for an hour and only come across one other person doing likewise.] Kinda sad it wasn't a bit later in the year so I could spend some time raking the yard...

Im a 74 yr old kid, got a bicycle 2 years ago,,,we are having a good time riding weather permitting..

Originally Posted by CourierDriver
Originally Posted by supton

Im a 74 yr old kid, got a bicycle 2 years ago,,,we are having a good time riding weather permitting..

I go out when I can, but for some reason below 50F it is just too much work for me to enjoy bicycling. I am hoping though to get out today and pedal a bit though, certainly by the end of the week.

Have some trails I can hike in the meantime. But I forgot my cleats yesterday and boy was that dicey, the snowmobiles pack the trail down real good but whatever hasn't melted yet is glare ice.

Maybe now they're not online at work, so they're actually enjoying their life? I have plenty of things to patch scrub, oil, and top off. I've just been checking in for anything worthwhile. Been slim pickins.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo

Maybe now they're not online at work, so they're actually enjoying their life?

Bingo. If it wasn't for work, I probably wouldn't even have an account here. Hate to say it, but I'm only here because I have downtime/boredom at work.

It takes a entire day to get essentials in my neck of the woods. Just spent 4 hours looking and have to go out in a short to hunt again.

That is what most people are doing.

Does the member count also include all the permanently banned members?

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

No

Originally Posted by wwillson

No

lol

Originally Posted by wwillson

No

lol

I thought this was a rolling tally to demonstrate how many members will be left in a few months

Greetings again, BITOG'rs!

Lubricatus Obsessus returning from a 4+ year hiatus, although lurking from outside the forum.

I can now reveal I was employed by Cummins Inc. for decades, and was let go in a massive purge in Dec. 2015. I have since retired, mostly, but of course you can't take the engineer out of the boy. I still need you guys (& gals) to keep up with the times, not being dead yet. With a shop full of machinery, friends with shops full of machinery, and now two grown boys with a bunch of machinery, I need you to advise me!

My history as a Commercial Lubrication Engineer with Mobil Oil Corporation still serves me well, but in the diesel world I've fallen behind with the reformulations for API CK-4, especially. I'll get into details in the appropriate sub-forum.

Thanks to Administrator Wayne for helping my return. I missed this site!

Originally Posted by kschachn
What happened, did you get banned back then or just left voluntarily?

I was here before 2008, when I returned I didn't have an account anymore, wonder if something similar happened?

Back