Electronic Deadbolts and Random Digits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed a Weiser electronic deadbolt with a touchpad, model GED1400. It has a very annoying security feature - when you want to open the door, some random digits show up on the display and you have to cancel them off before you can enter the code. This is to prevent thieves using fingerprints or wear patterns on the pad to guess at the code.

It gets really annoying when you are opening the door when it is raining heavily and you want to get in as quickly as possible. Also, on a very sunny day the digits are a bit hard to read.

I called Weiser techhelp and they said, no, you cannot bypass this feature. I expect that they would not give out info even it bypass was possible

Anyone know?

This reminds me of websites that give zero, or two asterisks when typing one character in a password.

You'd think something that was all about convenience would be... convenient.
mad.gif

Ha this morning I was locked out of my shop. Key pad on main walk door some how gut hung up halfway unlocking the door. The key pads on 2 of the 3 over heads wouldn't let me in. 3rd over head key pad worked. This weekend things are going to change.

It does sound very inconvenient. Weiser makes connected electronic locks you can unlock with your smartphone and still has a keyed backup. Maybe you can exchange?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back