New CB from 1986

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by cwilliamsws6
A lot of us do have handles, yes

And in regards to antenna mounts, most of the truck guys have stakehole mounted Firestiks, but since I drive a Honda I just have a mag mount on my roof.

I'm currently Claim Jumper.

The only Fuzzbuster I remember is the one I had in my OTR truck in the mid 70s. I still have the CB & Bi-linear amp.
[Linked Image]

Interesting...I have recently been noticing CB antenna on more vehicles. Seems to be coming back a bit.

That's the Buster I had .. pretty simple little thing.
Neat to see CB radios are coming back around - off road use and back country comms sounds like a smart plan. My handle was Saber tooth - I think it was a cartoon character of the 70's and I was 13 or 14 just getting to know the CB faction. I stuck with it til the excitement of getting a drivers license although I could have sported my own radio in the car. I guess I was overly saturated with other interests and opportunities we all discover when the freedom to drive is unleashed.

Originally Posted by walterjay
Interesting...I have recently been noticing CB antenna on more vehicles. Seems to be coming back a bit.

Same here, especially when it possible that public services and utilities could go down due to "issues" the CB radio has the advantage of better distance (when compared to GMS/FRS radios which are UHF and only travel line of sight distance. CB on good days can reach 100s of miles out of sight lines
and more when the atmosphere is conducive for it.

I remember the old calling method people would use back in the mid 1970s when looking for long distance contacts...

"SKIPLAND SKIPLAND....ANYONE OUT THERE SKIPLAND, I'M IN .(YOUR LOCATION)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back