Wear Nitrile Gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good bargains at Costco Nitrile Gloves it's what I wear when going out. I mean people are wearing face mask but hardly see anyone wearing gloves.

When I GO TO THE SUPERMARKET some have alcohol base cleaning cloths I always wipe the gloves when leaving. How about an 8 oz spray bottle with alcohol I ALWAYS HAVE that in my car. Spray the gloves if no alcohol base cloths are available.

I wore them at my volunteer job at the food pantry today. I also wore a mask. Our new protocol is that I take the food out in a cart and place it in the recipients trunk while they stay in their car. I am 67, still younger than many volunteers.

Viruses generally don't pass through uncut skin. Not sure what the gloves are doing but if it makes you feel safer, why not. Soap and water hand washing is very effective in killing viruses. Having a child with cancer for well over 2 years now, with many chemo induced weeks of being Immune compromised, not once has wearing gloves to reduce risk been brought up. Hand sanitizer and compulsive hand washing are the norm for us. Masks when dealing with dressing changes or port/line cap changes, but even then, gloves are not used.

I went to the grocery store yesterday, post-announcement. Everything was business as usual. Same goes for the gas station, liquor store, and Best Buy today. The only thing I noticed was the lack of traffic. I, personally, haven't changed a thing. I generally avoid much public interaction on a daily basis, so it's been business as usual.

My big pet peeve's are happy hour being cancelled and not being able to go to the gym. Total bummers.

The gloves protect your hands skin from the alcohol. And wearing the gloves might keep you from touching your face as much.

Originally Posted by 14Accent
I went to the grocery store yesterday, post-announcement. Everything was business as usual. Same goes for the gas station, liquor store, and Best Buy today. The only thing I noticed was the lack of traffic. I, personally, haven't changed a thing. I generally avoid much public interaction on a daily basis, so it's been business as usual.

My big pet peeve's are happy hour being cancelled and not being able to go to the gym. Total bummers.

Yeah, it's weird. Many places are closed or deserted while others are business as usual. There were 10 people in Target this morning when I went there. Don't know if that is typical for Target because I've never been there that early in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back