Cheap Gas + Nothing to Do = Going for a Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to do. Cheap gas. Truck still has the new car smell.

Think I'll pass some assorted blocks of free time just getting in the new F150, driving around without actually stopping anywhere, and head back home when I satisfy my driving fix. 30 minutes. An hour. Who knows. Maybe listen to some music the whole time. Entertainment and chill time without direct interpersonal interaction.

This is something I've always done, from time to time, it's the good old American "Go for a drive" pass time.

Nice. Sometimes I feel like I just have to get out of the house. If I'm home for more than a day or so, I'm itching for an excuse to get out. It's almost an hour for me to get to work during the workweek, so in some ways sitting in the car is relaxing, almost a necessity.

I won't just "go out for a drive" but I will go out for the most trivial of excuses. Right now I'm fighting the urge to go out for salsa (ran out of the stuff I like) and beer (do I really need an excuse?).

I've done it. It's very peaceful driving around at 12am-3am. Some nice music, no destination, exploring back roads.... I might go this weekend!

Nah....ride the Guzzi! Twice the mpg and twice the fun!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by gman2304
Nah....ride the Guzzi! Twice the mpg and twice the fun!
wink.gif

Only twice?
laugh.gif

I do it, but I usually have a destination in mind. Either drive to the cheapest gas station, shop somewhere far away or if you have a food craving, search yelp for reviews and drive there. People who fly do the same thing which is why there's a burger known as the $100 burger as that's what it costs to fly somewhere just for a bite to eat.

Considering It's St. Patty's day, I have an urge to drive the Lexus somewhere.
I'm thinking of fried chicken with my bottle of Tap 7 I have chilling in the fridge currently. There's a place is known for it's pillow-soft donuts, but they serve up some of the best fried chicken in Vancouver...rated better by many (myself included) as better than KFC and Church's.

Same here, looking forward to getting lost in the E36. Only put 85 miles on it since the paint in july, nows the time.

I went for a spirited drive tonight. 35°F on Michelin Pilot Super Sports but they stuck like glue. I only saw two cars.

Adaptive LED headlights worked perfectly.

Gas prices haven't changed much at all here, but the bikes have fresh tires and oil, and the wife and I are ready to go.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Gas prices haven't changed much at all here, but the bikes have fresh tires and oil, and the wife and I are ready to go.

Yeah, it's only gone down about 2 cents in the last week. They say it takes 2-4 weeks for lower prices to show up at the pump once the price of oil goes down. Guess it'll be another week or two before they really come down then.

I've been driving the F350 a lot more this year! With gas so cheap I'd rather run the miles up on that. Plus it has a bench seat; the gyms are closed so I'm back to taking a nap on lunch and the F350's seat is way more comfortable to sleep. Gas mileage on the 350 keeps going up because the truck keeps getting lighter.

Originally Posted by Miller88
I've been driving the F350 a lot more this year! With gas so cheap I'd rather run the miles up on that. Plus it has a bench seat; the gyms are closed so I'm back to taking a nap on lunch and the F350's seat is way more comfortable to sleep. Gas mileage on the 350 keeps going up because the truck keeps getting lighter.

lol.gif

That's a positive spin on life in the rust belt if I ever heard one!

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by 02SE

Yeah, it's only gone down about 2 cents in the last week. They say it takes 2-4 weeks for lower prices to show up at the pump once the price of oil goes down. Guess it'll be another week or two before they really come down then.

87 was $1.98 other day around here, but this morning it's back up to $2.11 for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back