New gen F-150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a nice little refresh. The Raptor looks almost unchanged. Spy photos show what looks to be a coil spring rear on the Raptor which is a change I'm interested in.

Last edited:
That previous grille looked like the Chevrolet emblem. I'm guessing that was on the top of the list to fix.

I think the 18+ with the LED headlights is one of the best looking trucks ever, always drool a bit when I see one rolling down the road

Headlight styling looks hideous. However, I bet wuth the projector lens setup it actually functions much better than the halogen reflector beams they used in the gen 3. The halogens on my 2019 are barely adequate. Barely. My former 2009 Subaru Forester had superior halogen headlights vs. my new F150's glorified lanterns.

I hate the front grille on the Limited. Looks old-mannish. But, then, I've thought the higher trimline F-150s have looked that way for a while now. I guess that is mostly who buys F-150 Limiteds, though.

The L I M I T E D on the leading edge of the hood looks tacked on and out of place. Other than that I don't have an opinion one way or another.

Originally Posted by john_pifer
I hate the front grille on the Limited. Looks old-mannish. But, then, I've thought the higher trimline F-150s have looked that way for a while now. I guess that is mostly who buys F-150 Limiteds, though.

Originally Posted by 02SE
The L I M I T E D on the leading edge of the hood looks tacked on and out of place. Other than that I don't have an opinion one way or another.

That's why I bought a Lariat. I optioned it out like a platinum, but anything above a Lariat comes with those ugly silver tailgates.

I don't like the current gen's overly complex headlamp design (which works like crap on top of it) so this seems like a decent style improvement. That said, if its just the front clip thats changed can they really call in a new generation??

Originally Posted by meep
Lower front looks like it's pulled straight out of the honda MDX/Ridgeline playbook!

The only thing I see in common is the trapezoid lower grille like the MDX, but that's a pretty common design theme across a bunch of brands now.

I think it looks like they were trying to put a squished Mustang grille/headlamps in the bumper...
[Linked Image from drivespark.com]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back