VW oil is found where?

Got a 2019 VW Beetle with 2,400 on it, and need the oil changed. I called the dealer in Mobile that I bought it from and he said just use Castrol or Mobile 1. That's not according to the owners manual though, they say use VW 508. Where can I order some from, it is shippable of course, so does anyone where to get some?

Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Castrol-15BC3C-Edge-Professional-0w-20/dp/B071D8TLV4/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1PFFYI0QSVZ6S&keywords=castrol+edge+long+life+iv+0w-20&qid=1584472366&sprefix=castrol+edge+long+li%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-6

https://www.amazon.com/Liqui-Moly-20238-6200-Motor/dp/B073577QC8/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2OUTOZSKISOZD&keywords=top+tec+6200+sae+0w-20&qid=1584473045&sprefix=top+tec+6200%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-2

Last edited:
OK then,, I'll try some of the Motul 508 oil then. I just had a shoulder repair, need to go to Walmart or someplace to get them to change the oil. Any good suggestions on this? Also it said it comes in ''5 liters'',, what is this in quarts?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by widetrax
OK then,, I'll try some of the Motul 508 oil then. I just had a shoulder repair, need to go to Walmart or someplace to get them to change the oil. Any good suggestions on this? Also it said it comes in ''5 liters'',, what is this in quarts?

5 litres=5.28 u.s quarts.

NAPA has Liqui-Moly usually. I would mail order Ravenol if it was mine. You have e plenty of time.

Got a 2019 VW Beetle with 2,400 on it, and need the oil changed. I called the dealer in Mobile that I bought it from and he said just use Castrol or Mobile 1. That's not according to the owners manual though, they say use VW 508. Where can I order some from, it is shippable of course, so does anyone where to get some?

There are so many threads about this same issue

why do not exxonmobil offer the oil in stores in US. But here in the middle of nowhere we can buy it from a local shop (M1 0w-20 esp)

The 2019 beetles have an efficiency tuned 2.0T in it like the Passat does and that calls for VW 508.00 as well. There's some choices out there, although you'll probably have to order online.

Ravenol VSE 0W-20

Liqui Moly Top Tec 6200

Motul Specific 508.00

Total Quartz INEO Long Life

Genuine VW/Audi Oil (formerly Castrol, now presumed to be Mobil)

Hey new VW owner!

Your oil is extremely high quality from the factory and you can take it to 10,000 miles for each change according to the book, so you have time. Just be sure to check the oil every 1,000 miles until you are used to any oil consumption. I am doing mine at 5,000 miles but it is a GLI and I flog it from time to time.

You don't need to get under the car to change the oil. You can buy an oil extractor and suck out the oil through the dip stick tube. That's how I do mine and I get all of the oil out. Also, the filter is on top making things even easier for you and your shoulder.

ECS tuning had 508 and the filter, and my local dealer has the new VW branded 508 as well.

Good luck!

Easiest to just go to your dealer, they carry the new Mobil made Spec 508 and its certain to not void your warranty. Why are you looking at changing the oil so early? 2400 miles is way to soon...

Scary bad advice from your dealer on a car under warranty.

I am in the camp of not running a factory fill very long, I changed mine at 2,300. First UOA at 19,500 (third fill) indicated break in contaminants were completely gone already.

Since it sounds like you are a ways from the dealer, the on line options already listed are probably your best bet.

hi widetrax, did you buy your 2019 beetle with 2900 miles on it already or does it have just 2900 miles on it now? unless something else is going on i would just follow vw's recommended 1yr or 10k mile oci. ive found that if im near a vw dealer it's easiest and cheapest (for me anyway, as im past diy oil changes) to let vw dealer change my simple, non turbo, 2.5l, five cylinder passat's oil. plus i get clean hands, no disposal hassles, a free, comprehensive safety check and a free carwash. otherwise if you want to diy, ive seen that walmart carries euro spec synthetic oil, which likely carries the relevant vw-specific certification on the reverse of the jug. is there no vw dealer closer to you?

Originally Posted by jstert
hi widetrax, did you buy your 2019 beetle with 2900 miles on it already or does it have just 2900 miles on it now? unless something else is going on i would just follow vw's recommended 1yr or 10k mile oci. ive found that if im near a vw dealer it's easiest and cheapest (for me anyway, as im past diy oil changes) to let vw dealer change my simple, non turbo, 2.5l, five cylinder passat's oil. plus i get clean hands, no disposal hassles, a free, comprehensive safety check and a free carwash. otherwise if you want to diy, ive seen that walmart carries euro spec synthetic oil, which likely carries the relevant vw-specific certification on the reverse of the jug. is there no vw dealer closer to you?

VW/Audi oil changes are expensive. They charge about $250, at least in my area. Also, the car washes are likely drive through washes, if you're ok with the microscratches.

Wow. Dealer here will do the VW oil change for 99 bucks. Still triple what it would cost to do it myself, but worth it for warranty protection.

Not sure what the norm is here but $100 sounds about right. Dealer did my first one with a coupon I had for $40 or $50 and just under 6000 miles at 12 months.
Next one was recently and I had a $30 off coupon. It may have run clear up to $60 or just under $70 with that I guess. I'm going around 10 to 12 months and that's 5800 to 6000 miles.
$8 a month, heck I can afford that
grin2.gif

I also like the dealer stamping the book and that piece of mind. I'm planning on driving this one long enough to test the warranty.

You can buy VW oil from VW dealers. Or Ebay & Amazon.

Try Google, type in "VW 508 Mississippi"

Its not hard to find stuff when you use Google.

Back