Happy St Patrick’s Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the corned beef brisket in the crockpot along with potatoes, carrots and onions. I'll add the cabbage in the last hour of cooking time. I also added one 12 ounce bottle of fat tire Belgian Ale instead of water....just because! I love this meal, plus tomorrow night we'll have Reuben sandwiches! Anybody else have a St Patrick's Day meal to share?

Last edited:
Nice!

I grilled some chicken drumsticks last night. They were marinated in yogurt and tandoori masala seasoning overnight. Turned out great and we have some still left to finish tonight.

Beer hasn't been agreeing with my lately, so I think I'll stick to red wine.

I went to the grocery store early this morning. Very little water and no TP but they had a ton of cabbages. People just aren't in the corned beef and cabbage mood. Wife made a corned beef on Saturday. She makes it in the oven. Comes our great! Having what's left for lunch today.

Had corn beef with potatoes, cabbage and carrots at the parents house Sunday...

[Linked Image]

Last year at this time we were in Paris.

How may people can say, "An unexpected trip to Paris came up"? Well, it did.

The cooler weather and it being March contributed to a less crowded city. We walked over 10 miles each day.

Also, we visited where distant cousin Frankie had found an apartment back in the '60's above Paris' first McDonalds.

Had such a great time I cried when we left.

A month later Notre Dame burned.

We walked over the little bridge from neighboring Isle St. Louis and I saw what I thought was a huge, common city construction site.

Turns out they had REMOVED 2 of the sections(?) of the eastern end of Notre Dame. It was full of construction / restoration equipment. I saw fuel tanks, vehicles, men, supplies etc. It was so big my eye didn't focus on the remaining sections or even the interior. That's how big it was.

That fire could've started any usual way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back