Mobil Super 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't purchased Mobil Super 5000 oil for a very long time. I just needed some oil for my old Ford Explorer 5.0 XLT. I usually purchase whatever is either on sale or cheapest with SN or SN+ rating.
I was at Rural King and decided to purchase Mobil Super 5000 5W20 instead of Harvest King or other oils available. It was around $13 for a jug. Also checked and seen if they had any toilet paper for sale.... No Avail.

Anyway, have not found much information on Mobil Super 5000 with SN+ rating. Is it still a solid Dino oil or is it a Syn Blend?

Thanks for reading and hope there are some people who are familiar with this oil.

Originally Posted by ddhmax1973
I haven't purchased Mobil Super 5000 oil for a very long time. I just needed some oil for my old Ford Explorer 5.0 XLT. I usually purchase whatever is either on sale or cheapest with SN or SN+ rating.
I was at Rural King and decided to purchase Mobil Super 5000 5W20 instead of Harvest King or other oils available. It was around $13 for a jug. Also checked and seen if they had any toilet paper for sale.... No Avail.

Anyway, have not found much information on Mobil Super 5000 with SN+ rating. Is it still a solid Dino oil or is it a Syn Blend?

Thanks for reading and hope there are some people who are familiar with this oil.

I was at RK this past Saturday for some water, Feed, salt and other stuff. I always browse the oil but dident see the mobil super for that price. The RK I shop at had plenty of TP but limited you to two packs per person, same with water, cleaning supplies, paper towels and water.

Should be very good oil........ In my Nissan Altima VQ Mobil Super ran really, really good. Very quiet. It was one of the best oils I ran in my car.

Yeah the Mobil Super 5000 is around $13, and the Mobil Super Syn is around $18.
I guess that I was just very curious and wanted to try something different.
Mobil Super 5000 seems like a good oil, and like I previously stated, I have no experience with the newer SN+ rated Super 5000. It's been years since I've used it, as it was most likely SM rated, or it could have been SN.

Old Super 5000 was 100% dino oil

the new Super 5000 is syn blend

I scooped up TONS of the dino MS 5000 at AAP on clearance for peanuts or free lol HAHA

Dave

My guess is that MS5K spent most of its life as a "syn-blend", they just put it on the label now like most everyone else...

Originally Posted by Olas
MS3K is mineral, and MS5K is semi synthetic

If MS3K is mineral, and MS5K is semi synthetic, does that mean MS7K is Mobil Synthetic and MS9K is Mobil-1?......
21.gif

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by Olas
MS3K is mineral, and MS5K is semi synthetic

If MS3K is mineral, and MS5K is semi synthetic, does that mean MS7K is Mobil Synthetic and MS9K is Mobil-1?......
21.gif

sorry, not 'is', 'was'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back