Hybrid brake pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dan_erickson
I have them on a couple different cars. 0 complaints.

Any extra dust from the semi-metallic part? What made you choose these over a ceramic?

These pads have great reviews from everything I've read. I bought a set for my Pacifica but have not installed them yet.

I opted to go with them over Akebono ProACT ceramics, because the Raybestos Hybrid has a "GG" friction rating, while the Akebonos are only "FF." The current pads on my car are "GG" so I did not want to take the chance of going backwards in regards to brake performance.

With the hybrid, improved stopping power and reduced wear means your rotors will wear down faster. That can't help but produce more sooty wheel dust than ceramic would.

It might be a fair tradeoff for a van, except it was already reported that the ceramic pads did fine, so I'd be inclined to replace with same/similar pads unless you anticipate a higher brake load from new uses.

I use those pads a lot. Very good with little to no dust.
Make sure to get some dielectric/brake grease for the caliper pins and also the ears of the brake pads.

I have put them on 5 vehicles, from daily drivers to heavy towing. No complaints, Probably my favorite pad.

I have no clue of the strategy to only sell these online..

As others have said, these are a great compromise between performance and durability. I have them on both my cars and am very happy with them. I only notice a difference between these and ceramic when I stomp the brakes...they grab like organic pads but without the dust.

I have used them on a few vehicles I've worked on with excellent results. I would recommend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back