Best Fuel Injection Hose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends,

I have an old Ferrari and was using the Goodyear J30R9 hose which had a blue nitrile liner. I ordered some from Autobarn and they sent me Continental hose which does not have a blue liner and had some negative reviews I read. Is the Goodyear hose I am looking for still available and if not what is the best hose available.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

IMG_8781.jpg

The Goodyear stuff is Conti now, this is the closest you will get, good stuff.

Gates Barricade 5/16 Inch I.D. Nitrile Rubber (NBR) Hose
Part # 27345

All,

That is why I am replacing it, this car has braided OEM hose which is failing, having lasted about 3 years. Unlike
rubber hose, this stuff doesn't show problems because of the braiding, with so many carbs I have to be safe,
and my "serious" car show days are over! (actually they only lasted about 3 shows) HA

I have a friend that sells the best stuff in the world, but it is orange, but I am trying to keep it at least black!

Rob

DSC09429.jpg

All,

On that gates Barricade hose, is the SAE J30R14T2 better than SAE J30R9? Its a bit confusing to me.....

What is the consensus, is that better than the continental stuff?

Rob

Last edited:
Originally Posted by robertgarven
All,

On that gates Barricade hose, is the SAE J30R14T2 better than SAE J30R9? Its a bit confusing to me.....

What is the consensus, is that better than the continental stuff?

Rob

J30R14 is a lot more resistant to alcohol - where R9 allows some alcohol permeability, R14 allows 50x less. If you use ethanol/methanol/biodiesel esters, R14 is a better choice and a safer product.

I see you are running carbs, the 27345 is not the hose. The 4219BG Barricade is the one you want for low pressure applications.
If you are running injection hose do not use regular worm hose clamps as they will not seal the stiffer injection hose properly you need to use injection hose clamps.

https://www.gates.com/us/en/fluid-p...e.p.4219-000000-000001.v.4219-05522.html

IMHO the Gates hose is better than Conti/Goodyear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back