2000 Ram 4x4 wont idle??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I went out to start the Ram in signature, had the battery out and charged -- so it was ready to go. Started right up but unless I keep my foot on the accelerator -- wants to stall immediately. Last time I started the truck was probably first week of October and it ran fine. I dont let it get under a 1/4 tank of gas at anytime and added 2 fresh gallons of 93 octane that I purchased at Exxon and poured in the tank by hand. Truck only used for getting rid of tree/bush debris around the property and "if" we get a good amount of snow. Which in my area it snowed 2 times and 2 inches at the most both times -- so the Ram was not out this winter at all.

Dale

Sitting that long make sure no animals nested up in the airbox or something like that.

The ECM has a very slow processor back then. It will need to relearn how to idle, in addition to the IAC valve being gummed up. It will be slow to respond and may need to be removed and cleaned.

I get my Colorado engine at operating temp and drive it another 15-20 minutes. Been doing this once a week all winter. The lowest my gas tank has reached is 3/4 full...... never lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back