Cheapest 5w-20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a short commute, maybe 15 min all stop and go. A lot of short trip driving all around. I want to run a super-cheap 5w-20 and just change it as often as I can. The cheapest i can find is at Tractor supply, 5 qt jug for $11. Can anyone find cheaper? I would like to keep it 5w-20 as the oil never warms up so it'll always be on the thicker side just due to temp.

$11! You'd be hard-pressed to do better.
Let's see what others come up with. I assume anything better will be attached with fleeting mail-in rebates.
We'll see...

Not sure where your at ?? But Atwoods farm runs occasional sales @ $7.99 for Harvest King conventional 5qt jug of conventional 5W20 its made by warren oil in Nebraska and 100% top quality !!

Also If you haven't already I would hit up ALL Autozones in your area and see if they have any Rotella gas truck full syn 5W20 @ $2.00 each or $10 per jug

other than Chevron supreme @ Walmart.com for $10-12 per jug i dont think you can find any cheaper unless you hit up a clearance wave ??

Dave

Last edited:
I haven't seen Chevron Supreme at those Wal-mart prices in quite some time now. It used to be quite the deal there; that's not the case anymore.

Rotella GT at that price would be a steal.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SteveG4
I haven't seen Chevron Supreme at those Wal-mart prices in quite some time now. It used to be quite the deal there; that's not the case anymore.

Rotella GT at that price would be a steal.
smile.gif

Ya seen Chevron Supreme 5qt jugs for sale at Walmarts in Seattle and California years ago, Seems to be a regional thing ?? prices fluctuates $10-13 per 5qt jug for some reason ??

Dave

Here in the Midwest I noticed the other day that Menards seems sells FVP conventional for 1.99/qt and FVP full syn for $2.99/qt, should be decent stuff I guess the conventional is at least SN and GF-5, the Full Syn stuff is even dexos1g2.

A lot of Walmarts are selling the 12qt SuperTech Full synthetic boxes for $20. $1.66/qt or $8.33 for 5qts (as a comparison)

Originally Posted by ctechbob
A lot of Walmarts are selling the 12qt SuperTech Full synthetic boxes for $20. $1.66/qt or $8.33 for 5qts (as a comparison)

Sorry but no on that. I checked brickseek in several states and VERY VERY VERY few are $5 or $20

All north Texas stores are MSRP $34

Dave

Last edited:

couple weeks ago and for the time I saw the 12 qt. cardboard boxes at wm and they were in the middle of the isle ready to be loaded on the shelves and no price on them ...
I recall 0W20 and 10W30 and I think 5W30. Was pretty surprised it came in 10W30.

Originally Posted by GMguy84

Sorry but no on that. I checked brickseek in several states and VERY VERY VERY few are $5 or $20

Dave

Really seems like they're all over the map with it. Must be selling well in that area.

Originally Posted by GMguy84

Dave

Really seems like they're all over the map with it. Must be selling well in that area.

LOL, Nope not in my region lol

Some BITOG members got some a few weeks ago(Chicago area) when a poster broke the news on $5 for the 12 qt boxes

Trust me if I knew of a local WM in Dallas with that price I would have driven my suburban and LOADED UP !!

Dave

In my area, unless you can find a closeout on oils in general where the prices are next to nothing then W*M has the best price everyday on their ST oils, dino($12.88 5qt) & syn($14.88 5qt). I mean, for $2 more, get the syn.

Rural King conventional 5 qt jug $9.88. I wouldn't step in a W.M. unless I had a full body suit and respirator.

Last edited:
Why is that?
Increased chance of catching a virus where suburbanites / international travelers go. That ain't low income stores like Walmart.

Around here, least affected areas are in low-income Detroit. Most affected areas are in suburbia. So stay away from places where the affluent, international travelers go. Again, that ain't Walmart.

Running around all over trying to find the best deal cuts into your quest to get the cheapest oil.
You don't have any in your neck of the woods, but Menards quite often has Shell for under $2/quarts. Orschelns, a midwest chain, has ShieldChoice (formerly TropArtic) for under $2/quart on sale.
I haven't seen it lately, but a couple times a year Dollar General has Peak oil on BOGO for under $2/quart, at one that time included Dexron/Mercon quarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back