Nuway Sandwich request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple weeks ago I went there and was asked about the sandwich. Here it be...

IMG_20200314_161942_571.jpg

_20200315_094828.JPG

Mmmmm. I was raised on those. There used to be several NuWAY restaurants in Kansas City. i didn't know there were any left.

Where did you get that! I want one. They are the best. Steamed hamburger. Yummy.

It's a thread about easy to chew sandwiches that us Boomers won't have difficulty with.

Originally Posted by twoheeldrive
Mmmmm. I was raised on those. There used to be several NuWAY restaurants in Kansas City. i didn't know there were any left.

Where did you get that! I want one. They are the best. Steamed hamburger. Yummy.

Believe the independently owned Nuway in Leavenworth is still open, on Delaware? Used to be a Maid Rite in Clinton, MO, but I think it closed some time ago.

Originally Posted by Marco620
Couple weeks ago I went there and was asked about the sandwich. Here it be...

Thanks for the update pics Marco620.
In a previous post, Marco620 had some great pics of his dashboard mileage calculator during a road trip for Nuway sandwich. Unfortunately at the time he failed to get a pic of the famous sandwich.
I agree with the others that it looks just like a Maid Rite. I had one of those in Iowa during a motorcycle trip last fall. I always like to eat regional food when I travel. I'm not a picky eater at all, but was somewhat disappointed with the "loose meat" sandwich. It was kind of like a Sloppy-Joe without the Sloppy.
smile.gif

Nu-way is at 510 Shawnee. Not open on Sundays. As I recall, renovations were done last summer when new owners took over. The new owners also own Homer's on 4th St, one of the older drive-in restaurants in Kansas.

Looks like the loose meat sandwich that Roseanne served at the Lanford Lunch Box! I'd try it!

Originally Posted by JC1
Looks like a sloppy Joe. I'm sure it tastes good.

That; made me hungry for some ground beef!

I'm sure this might vary around the country, but a sloppy Joe always had tomato sauce in with the beef when I was a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back