2007 SUBURBAN LOW OIL PRESSURE AND ROUGH IDLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patient: 2007 Suburban 5.3 with 200K miles

Already have a AFM range 4CYL disabler installed, Already replaced fuel pressure sensor and did AC/Delco platinum plugs and walker thunder core wires, Tons of Fuel cleaner also

Oil pressure is at 25-30 on gauge and engine vibrates at idle. Most times around 25

No check engine light showing

Oil: Currently running 10W-40 Carquest HM full syn with hy-per lube oil stabilzer in her
M1 oil filter

Do these GMT 900's also have the common Oil pick up tube low pressure issue that the previous gen GM trucks have ??

Any ideas ??

Dave

Last edited:
Yes....Gen IV engines also suffer from strunken pick-up tube O-rings. Just recently replaced an O-ring on a 2008 Envoy Denali with a LH6 5.3L

The vibration could well be a engine mount.....GMT900's are known to kill mounts.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Yes....Gen IV engines also suffer from strunken pick-up tube O-rings. Just recently replaced an O-ring on a 2008 Envoy Denali with a LH6 5.3L

The vibration could well be a engine mount.....GMT900's are known to kill mounts.

CRAP i figured
frown.gif
.Thing is becoming a money pit, Just paid $1200 for a trans rebuild

Curious, Whats your rate on a job like that ?? It's a 4x4 so i know that "Stings the wallet" more

Ya I read about the engine mounts being a common issue on these also

I guess @ 200K miles/13 years old its no surprise

Dave

Originally Posted by GMguy84

CRAP i figured
frown.gif

Curious, Whats your rate on a job like that ?? It's a 4x4 so i know that "Stings the wallet" more

Dave

1200 for a rebuilt transmission if done by a professional shop with a warranty is really good deal...

Originally Posted by dogememe

CRAP i figured
frown.gif

Dave

1200 for a rebuilt transmission if done by a professional shop with a warranty is really good deal...

Ya tell me about it !!!! I feel i hit the JACKPOT when I found the guy on facebook !!! Since its a 4x4 almost everyone in Dallas was quoting me over $2000K !!

He's a trans/auto shop in north dallas area and it came with a 18 month warranty also
thumbsup2.gif
Guy has a GOOD rating and feedback also

Dave

$400....Bring your oil & filter.

$400 to do Motor Mounts and oil O ring or just the O ring ?? I remember best to replace oil pan gasket also

Oh ya I got some oil already
wink.gif

Dave

Only let clinebarger do the job if he posts his usual awesome review with pics!

I'm betting on the motor mounts (left one mainly) because just this year I've replaced probably 15 of them....heck we replaced a lot of them at the plant fresh off the line!

Originally Posted by GMBoy

I'm betting on the motor mounts (left one mainly) because just this year I've replaced probably 15 of them....heck we replaced a lot of them at the plant fresh off the line!

In that case can I just swing by the plant in Arlington and you can "warranty" fix it down the line ??
crackmeup2.gif
Just not sure if it'll qualify since this one was made in Silao ??
15.gif

But ya I agree Clinebanger posts some REAL in depth pics of his jobs. I have FULL confidence in his work by reading his work and pics posted
thumbsup2.gif

Also GMboy, I was gonna PM you first on this issue if you could squeeze this one in end of month around the time we mess with my Silverado but i'm thinking your still backed up on other jobs ?? I can pay $$$ and/or trade for some oil ??
grin2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Knowing both your "education" and skills regarding vehicle repair, Either you or clinebanger I trust 1000.01 % to do the jobs !!!
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

Dave

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GMBoy

In that case can I just swing by the plant in Arlington and you can "warranty" fix it down the line ??
crackmeup2.gif
Just not sure if it'll qualify since this one was made in Silao ??
15.gif

But ya I agree Clinebanger posts some REAL in depth pics of his jobs. I have FULL confidence in his work by reading his work and pics posted
thumbsup2.gif

Also GMboy, I was gonna PM you first on this issue if you could squeeze this one in end of month around the time we mess with my Silverado but i'm thinking your still backed up on other jobs ?? I can pay $$$ and/or trade for some oil ??
grin2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Knowing both your "education" and skills regarding vehicle repair, Either you or clinebanger I trust 1000.01 % to do the jobs !!!
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

Dave

LOL - just replied to your PM

The AFM deactivator doesn't get rid of all the problems. The lifters can still fail and do dumb stuff making it run rough. Oil pressure sensors like to die on these also.

Originally Posted by jhellwig
The AFM deactivator doesn't get rid of all the problems. The lifters can still fail and do dumb stuff making it run rough. Oil pressure sensors like to die on these also.

Ya i meant to say I replaced oil pressure sensor and the screen last October and still low pressure ??

Dave

$400 to do Motor Mounts and oil O ring or just the O ring ?? I remember best to replace oil pan gasket also

Oh ya I got some oil already
wink.gif

Dave

I sent you a PM

That Suburban must have a four speed auto. I recently had my 6L80E done and it was a whopping four grand. Shop I used has been around forever. Ive known the owner for about twenty five years. Its done soup to nuts. New converter, Transfer case chain, computer and electronics... Works awesome.

I dropped the pan on my 09 a while back and did the mod to prevent oiling the rear cylinder walls. I also replaced the pickup O ring and installed a new pan gasket.
I also replaced my driver side engine mount. The original is a bear to get out. My brother bought a pair of these custom made steel and poly mounts figuring we would each use one on our trucks on the driver side. I installed mine and immediately hated it. It felt like the engine was installed with a motor plate. I later found out the H3 mounts work in Suburbans and Tahoes and are about half the size of the originals. I swapped that in and was much happier.
If Cline is charging 400 bucks to do the o ring and the mount, you should also buy him lunch.

Originally Posted by NYEngineer
That Suburban must have a four speed auto. I recently had my 6L80E done and it was a whopping four grand. Shop I used has been around forever. Ive known the owner for about twenty five years. Its done soup to nuts. New converter, Transfer case chain, computer and electronics... Works awesome.

I dropped the pan on my 09 a while back and did the mod to prevent oiling the rear cylinder walls. I also replaced the pickup O ring and installed a new pan gasket.
I also replaced my driver side engine mount. The original is a bear to get out. My brother bought a pair of these custom made steel and poly mounts figuring we would each use one on our trucks on the driver side. I installed mine and immediately hated it. It felt like the engine was installed with a motor plate. I later found out the H3 mounts work in Suburbans and Tahoes and are about half the size of the originals. I swapped that in and was much happier.
If Cline is charging 400 bucks to do the o ring and the mount, you should also buy him lunch.

Ya its a 1500 so it's a 4-speed 4L60E which saved my [censored] on the rebuild cost !!!

But OUCH $4K for a good buddy deal ?? I had a plan B "transmission good buddy" deal back in Oklahoma for $1800 But the logistics transporting a big SUV 200 miles was another thing.

And ya i'm checking on the H3 mounts, Apparently their also used on the police Tahoe which makes them "Heavy Duty" "Severe service" grade

Clinebarger gave me a AWESOME package deal for the "o" ring and motor mounts. For his quality of work and skill WORTH EVERY PENNY
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back