NGK plugs from my 2007 Fusion(PIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just replaced the plugs for the 2nd time in the 2007 Fusion with 255K. The OM plugs had 121K with I put these in. The engine still ran fine but I wanted to go with new NGK Iridium plugs. The ones in the pic has 134 K. They look good with no oil and they are all just alike.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Tig, do you think you gained mileage/power with the Iridiums? I plan on doing the same in my Sable gas hog...

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
Tig, do you think you gained mileage/power with the Iridiums? I plan on doing the same in my Sable gas hog...

With 134k on this set I may have lost a little. The engine does seem to be a little more responsive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jayjr1105
Mazda engine in that year?

Ford Duratech 2.3. This engine was designed when Ford owned half of Mazda.

Originally Posted by doitmyself
Did you use anti seize? Any problems getting the plugs out?

Thank you.

Yes and 3 of the 4 were quite snug even though I used anti seize on them.

Looks good! Same engine in my Mazda. I would still use anti-seize on the plugs too.

Tig:
Did you have to change the valve cover gasket on your 2.3?
When I did the plugs on the 2009 Fusion 2.3 I bought last year I had to change that gasket because some oil was getting into the
spark plug well on cyl. 4.....the same with the 2.0 Focus I bought a few years ago...... it seems to be a weak spot (the vc gasket) on an otherwise great engine.

PS: I used Autolite Iridiums in both with good results.

Originally Posted by pbm
Tig:
Did you have to change the valve cover gasket on your 2.3?
When I did the plugs on the 2009 Fusion 2.3 I bought last year I had to change that gasket because some oil was getting into the
spark plug well on cyl. 4.....the same with the 2.0 Focus I bought a few years ago...... it seems to be a weak spot (the vc gasket) on an otherwise great engine.

PS: I used Autolite Iridiums in both with good results.

Two holes had a drop or two. I do plan on checking them again in 6 months or so. I changed the VC gasket when the engine had 195 K. I wonder if backing up the gasket around the plug holes with silicon sealer would help? I will try it the next time.

Originally Posted by Ram02
Tig the milage is getting up there . Are you going to upgrade to a 30wt now ???

No, in fact I just changed the oil this last week and used M1 5-20EP HM. In my last 10K run this engines used about 10 oz of oil. The engine still seems tight with no loss of power that I can detect, and no chain noise either. These engines have hyd lifters and they are by nature a little more so than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back