How are you preparing your computer for the Coronavirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by Olas
Originally Posted by d00df00d
I've disconnected all my computers from the Internet and am avoiding all USB sticks. The last thing I need in my life is some Chinese hacker virus in my personal files, especially when everyone's apparently getting sick for some reason.

I'm still worried though because I heard the virus can be transferred even before you know you have it. My antivirus says my computers are all okay, but should I lock them in a closet for a while anyway, just in case?

BUy yourself a USB killer, that way if your PC gets infected with the coronavirus you can kill it instantly and not risk further infection.

Boy I missed the days of the Commodore 64. If your computer locked up, you just flipped the switch and turn it back on and you're back in business in about a second.

I still have my Sinclair ZX-81...just in case!
grin2.gif

I've block all access to my computer from the rural area of the US, I think that will stop the corona virus from getting into my PC.

Originally Posted by MolaKule
Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by Olas
Originally Posted by d00df00d
I've disconnected all my computers from the Internet and am avoiding all USB sticks. The last thing I need in my life is some Chinese hacker virus in my personal files, especially when everyone's apparently getting sick for some reason.

I'm still worried though because I heard the virus can be transferred even before you know you have it. My antivirus says my computers are all okay, but should I lock them in a closet for a while anyway, just in case?

BUy yourself a USB killer, that way if your PC gets infected with the coronavirus you can kill it instantly and not risk further infection.

Boy I missed the days of the Commodore 64. If your computer locked up, you just flipped the switch and turn it back on and you're back in business in about a second.

I still have my Sinclair ZX-81...just in case!
grin2.gif

I used to have the evolution of that one, I had a Timex-Sinclair something or another, circa 1984 or so. Remember it had an annoying chicklet style keyboard. I followed that one up with an APF Imagination Machine. I was into the weird non-mainstream hardware for awhile.

Originally Posted by cb450sc
I keep my desktop and tablet at least two meters apart.

lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back