Win10 bsod's evry day

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's my 11 y.o. daughters. She plays roblox quite a bit on it, watches Youtube vids, that's pretty much it. She gets the BSOD at least 2 times a day. I bought it in November. would the"code" be good enough to figure out what the cause is?

In my experience this is usually a hardware issue, with memory topping the list. Some machines have diagnostics built into the BIOS you can try.

is this a new computer? or a ebay special or craigslist etc.

model of computer, version of windows 10, and the error code would be a helpful start in troubleshooting.

New comp, bought at Fry's Electronics. I'll provide code and version in a little while, should crash any minute now.......

BSOD is often times a driver issue.

Make sure all the drivers for mousepad, processor, graphics, bios, sound drivers, Bluetooth, LAN/WAN etc. are up to date.

If you still have trouble, backup the files and re-image to a fresh copy of Windows and re-update all the drivers.

If it's still under warranty, you could take it back to Fry's.

How new is new? Did it used to work fine and then it stopped or has it always done this?

I've never found those crazy BSOD codes to be of any use.

Can also look at the Event Viewer in the logs of the critical events, a lot of time it'll help you narrow it down more.

I'd suspect RAM or hard drive. My laptop was giving blue screens when the hard drive started failing. You could try re-seating the RAM, but you might want to run a disk scan too.

Sometimes the BSOD will list the module that pooped the bed, which can help point to what driver is the culprit, if it is a driver.

Run memtest for an hour or two on it. My bet is bad stick of RAM. Memtest is free and installs to a USB or CD if you still have a CD burner.

Bluescreenview program will help give us an idea if it's a bad driver too. Run that and post a screen shot back here first.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by daves66nova
I ran the memory scan tool and no errors were found. This is the bsod code, "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED"

That's rather generic. What memory test did you run? You need to run memtest86. Windows memory test is a joke.

Just download windgb and analyze the dump file in the sys32 folder.

Originally Posted by Pew
Just download windgb and analyze the dump file in the sys32 folder.

bluescreenview will do this for you, and show you the driver causing it...

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview.zip

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
I ran the memory scan tool and no errors were found. This is the bsod code, "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED"

That's rather generic. What memory test did you run? You need to run memtest86. Windows memory test is a joke.

Agreed.

Ok, I ran bluescreenview and this is what I got on the lower box : "rtwlanu.sys" i do have a usb antenna

Last edited:
Ok, I ran bluescreenview and this is what I got on the lower box : "rtwlanu.sys" i do have a usb antenna

That's your Realtek Wireless LAN driver I believe. Post a pic of your Device Mangler with the Network devices section expanded please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back