01 Crown Vic P71 - 8,300mi - M1 0W20 HM + LG Biotech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Report was ok. Can't say if the LubeGard made any improvement. Mostly rural and highway driving. The car does not sit in much traffic. No make-up oil added. Probably had the oil in for 7 months. I run it kind of hard, when it's fully warmed up. I modded my valvebody/springs for firmer shifts and I like barking 2nd.

Fram Ultra filter.

I thought the Napa kits provided fuel dilution, but I guess not. I seriously doubt it's a concern on this car.

Screenshot_20200305-222015.png

7000 mile OCI ???

[censored] my '09 P71 SAP gets the "1st class VIP" treatment 3000-5000 mile OCI on Shell Rotella gas/truck full syn 5W20

Dave

Originally Posted by GMguy84
7000 mile OCI ???

[censored] my '09 P71 SAP gets the "1st class VIP" treatment 3000-5000 mile OCI on Shell Rotella gas/truck full syn 5W20

Dave

Gas truck oil in a car!!!

Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by GMguy84
7000 mile OCI ???

Dave

Gas truck oil in a car!!!

Ya am I crazy or what ??
crackmeup2.gif
lol

Dave

Originally Posted by STIcandy
Out of curiosity why 0w-20? I assume that's not what it calls for being a 2001 is it?

Pretty sure it was spec'd with 5w20 so 0w20 shouldn't hurt.

To answer all the questions. It was 8300 miles, where are we getting 7000 from?

It was a full 15oz bottle of biotech.

Ford backspec'd 5w20 on this engine. I looked at several UOAs and 30wt doesn't improve wear metals. I had this 0w20 sitting here and I don't own any other cars that could use it. It got M1 5W30 this time.

I did the J-Mod and spring delete. Very worthwhile.

Oh, and it was Mobil Extended Performance High Mileage. TBN 2.8 @ 8,300 miles in...

Can you guys see my oil analysis as an image or is BITOG making you download the file?

Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
Can you guys see my oil analysis as an image or is BITOG making you download the file?

It appears as an embedded image on my mobile.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by Gasbuggy

It appears as an embedded image on my mobile.

Thank you.

Was a time when you posted a UOA on Bitog and got interesting/insightful replies

I still have my Jerry W. shift kit drilling templates for the valve body on my Crown Vic, and even the special drill bit sizes. I never got around to it and sold the car about 3 years ago (2000 Crown Vic). My tuned 2014 SHO (sold it) and my tuned 2017 Fusion Sport are as fast or faster than the Trilogy Marauders from back in 2003-2004 from what I recall.

Is it me or does the Iron look a tad high with that UOA? I used to perform 8k-9k OCI's with Mobil 1 5W-30 (the M1 from 20 years ago) and the oil always smelled and looked fine. If I tried that now on a modern GTDI, the oil doesn't come out nearly as well at 7k OCI's.

Remembering a voa posted here not too long ago of the Lubegard Biotech, I would have expected higher moly and boron numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back