NEO 0w5 Racing Synthetic, 25K, VW Golf 1.9TDI, ALH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping thread as perfect case in point that unfortunately due to draconian emissions equipment available at this time-deleting the emissions stuff allows an individual to run nearly any type of oil and have low wear metals. I always think it is funny when people debate about the type of oil that is "best" in vehicle without major emissions stuff. That topic is only truly relevant when choosing an oil to navigate engine and an emissions system-and generally speaking
The deleted system will always-maybe 95 percent-have superior oil analysis results and longer engine life.

Ridiculous, running a 5W in a diesel. You obviously don't care about this car and it will definitely suffer an early demise. The older TDI's like this normally go 400-500k miles easily. I'm betting your's doesn't survive much past 300k. If it does it will shock me...

All that fuel dilution, the fact that a diesel needs a thicker, more viscous oil anyway AND your seeing high iron and lead? What makes you think this is good?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by racin4ds
Ridiculous, running a 5W in a diesel. You obviously don't care about this car and it will definitely suffer an early demise. The older TDI's like this normally go 400-500k miles easily. I'm betting your's doesn't survive much past 300k. If it does it will shock me...

All that fuel dilution, the fact that a diesel needs a thicker, more viscous oil anyway AND your seeing high iron and lead? What makes you think this is good?

Who are you talking to with this rant? The OP who made the post seven years ago and hasn't been back on for nearly a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back