Anyone ever order tires online at Wallyworld?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Joe1
I just ordered 4 tires online from Walmart. They are in transit to a Walmart tire center where l plan on getting them installed and balanced for $15 each.
I will check the date code and return them if more than 9 months old.

Any other advice?

The total price including installation and balancing costs will be cheaper than the Tirerack cost without installation.

I would have purchased from TR or locally, but the deal from WM was too competitive to pass up.

Verify that the tires were exclusively handled and shipped by Walmart.com. Some tires that are purchased through Walmart.com are shipped by a 3rd party and considered a "Walmart Marketplace" purchase. The cost to install THOSE tires adds $10/tire...making it $25/tire.
Walmart Lube & Tire Services

Originally Posted by discountdon
do you have to ship the walmart.com tires to a Walmart location that has an Auto/Lube/Tires department to get the tires installed??? as not all Walmart locations have such a department...

I believe so. During checkout, they indicate if the store you're shipping to has tire services or not. The stores closest to me do not offer tire services so l had them shipped to a store a bit further away that has tire services. You can probably ship them to home or a WM store without tire services if you plan on getting them installed at a non-WM location.

Originally Posted by GoldDot40

Verify that the tires were exclusively handled and shipped by Walmart.com. Some tires that are purchased through Walmart.com are shipped by a 3rd party and considered a "Walmart Marketplace" purchase. The cost to install THOSE tires adds $10/tire...making it $25/tire.
Walmart Lube & Tire Services

Yes, l read the fine print before purchasing and was absolutely certain that my tires were "sold by and shipped by Walmart.com".

Yes, trailer tires. Shipped to walmart and brought in loose wheels to be mounted. Returned at the end of the day to pick up and they had mounted the wrong tires on my wheels. I ordered radials and they mounted bias. The radials I ordered went on the shelf. It turned in to a big mess and kept me in the store an hour after the tire dept was suposto close.

Ordered four Crosswind 205/60R15 tires from Walmart and they were delivered to the store in 8 days worth the wait for me because of the price 240.20 after taxes and install. The tires are $ 40.65 each.

My experience was better than expected. All 4 tires had recent date codes, I didn't wait long for installation, and tires were balanced well. The cost for balancing and installation was very reasonable.
One of the negatives of buying tires online in the past was bringing them to a place l did not buy them from for installation. I felt awkward doing that. Buying online from wallyworld avoids that problem.

Originally Posted by discountdon
do you have to ship the walmart.com tires to a Walmart location that has an Auto/Lube/Tires department to get the tires installed??? as not all Walmart locations have such a department...

No - I had my 4 tires delivered to my house and I had them installed at Discount Tire. DT is closer, and in my experience, faster than Wally's.

I just ordered 4 Cooper Evolution Tour Monday. All 4 came via FedEx yesterday. Each tire has a different pro number. Manufacturing date was 0420 so fresh stock out of PA

Ordered 4 Cooper Evolution Tour this past Thursday. Arrived on Monday. I went to the WM TLE on Tuesday around 2:30. Installed and out the door about 3:30. Dates were one 5019 and three 5219 shipped out of Indy.

The tires on my truck right now were ordered online from WM. At $73 per tire and FREE shipping, how can you go wrong? And, they are rated at 60K miles. I currently have about 15-18K miles on them and they ride as smooth as silk.

The only thing bad about Walmart is if you buy Goodyear tires Goodyear won't honor warranty. Don't know about other brands but Mom had a defective Goodyear and Walmart sent her to Goodyear only to be told no warranty since bought from Walmart. Almost new tires and neither would honor warranty. I did order one Cooper tire for my Saturn from Walmart but it was free as I applied for their credit card and they gave me money off order. Everything went smoothly although I only drove SUV for another year and traded it in.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tiger862
The only thing bad about Walmart is if you buy Goodyear tires Goodyear won't honor warranty. Don't know about other brands but Mom had a defective Goodyear and Walmart sent her to Goodyear only to be told no warranty since bought from Walmart. Almost new tires and neither would honor warranty. I did order one Cooper tire for my Saturn from Walmart but it was free as I applied for their credit card and they gave me money off order. Everything went smoothly although I only drove SUV for another year and traded it in.

Any version of a tire made exclusively for Walmart-Walmart warranties them. It sound likes either you were out of the warranty period-or incompetence at Walmart. BUT YES-Walmart tires do have a warranty-backed by Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back