How much is a gallon of gasoline in your area right now?

Originally Posted by Hombre909
I live in NW Arkansas, gas just went below $2 a gallon at $1.98. Tuesday evening 3/10/20.

$ 1.95 to $ 2.05 .

$2.14 last night, $1.99 this morning. If someone at Speedway sneezes in a few days, they'll accidentally bump the price up to $2.59 in a single jump though.... Then all other stations follow suit.

I don't understand NC's prices. Regular $1.97, Mid-grade $2.27 and Premium $2.87. Given I have lived in California my entire life in addition to being stationed there for 19 years gasoline was always pricey, however there was always a ten cent increment per grade.

This is an example:
87 - $2.99
89 - $3.09
91 - $3.19

Why premium is $1 more per gallon in NC is wild but anything beats California's prices. Nearly $4 year round and that doesn't even get you a solid reach ar****.

Gasoline futures price is $0.90 per gallon.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mike L. V.
I don't understand NC's prices. Regular $1.97, Mid-grade $2.27 and Premium $2.87. Given I have lived in California my entire life in addition to being stationed there for 19 years gasoline was always pricey, however there was always a ten cent increment per grade.

This is an example:
87 - $2.99
89 - $3.09
91 - $3.19

Why premium is $1 more per gallon in NC is wild but anything beats California's prices. Nearly $4 year round and that doesn't even get you a solid reach ar****.

I don't think it's exclusive to NC. Here in IN the spread used to always be 10 cents/10 cents as you mention, but a few years ago the spread started widening. I think last time I checked it was about a 80 cent spread between regular and premium. Why? I think it's like the old punchline to a joke that I can't write the setup for: "because he can".

Back