ECOGARD XC35448

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first bought my Lucerne a couple years ago I replaced the cabin filter with a Napa, I've always liked wix/napa filters but I remember it being a pain and ended removing the bracket that holds the filter just to get it in. When I looked at the Ecogard I immediately seen the difference, these filters need to bend in two places. The Ecogard had slits on the sides to allow it to bend in both places to where the Napa only had one end slit. After I pulled the napa out it was flimsy compared to the Ecogard, I mean the material around the edge was not much thicker than the filtered area, no wonder I had a hard time getting the Napa to fit.

Price wise the Ecogard is about $5 cheaper, $19 vs $14.

You can see where it needs to bend.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
You're actually supposed to remove the bracket when changing the filter. When I searched how to remove the cabin filter in my DTS, the videos didn't show the removal of the plastic bracket.

If you don't remove the bracket, then it's hard to push the filter back in place.

2 Years ago, RockAuto had some Fram Freshbreeze filters on clearance for $4 each, so I use those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back