NHRA Gatornationals postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to concerns over COVID-19, the NHRA Gatornationals are postponed to a later date, with the exception of some Sportsman classes which will be contested without ticketed spectators.

Gatornationals postponed

Last edited:
This is getting crazy! All the major sports are stopping. I read earlier that Major League Baseball is stopping spring training with no ideas of when the season will start. NBA stopped yesterday. NCAA March madness with no spectators.

12,000 people died last year of billions infected with regular flu. Pretty low number. 100,000 people infected with convid-19 almost 5000 deaths. So by the time it reaches a million people there will be 50,000 deaths by the time it reaches a billion people. Do the math. Don't think it's serious yet ? 6% mortality rate in Italy.

About time to quit screaming "fake news", It seems like people will not be happy until they are in a forced quarantine. But in today's day in age, with the dumbing down of society....and the total complacency everyone lives in with constant distractions etc. This is a whole new ballgame compared to any other outbreak we have had.....this virus stays airborne for 3 hours. Time to wake up, take 2 weeks out of your life if permissible and just avoid large crowds.

Originally Posted by 02SE
I didn't notice anyone that has suggested not taking this seriously.

Then you clearly have not read some of the posts in the past week or so pertaining to this, or I wouldn't post something like I just did for absolutely no reason.

Originally Posted by domer10
I didn't notice anyone that has suggested not taking this seriously.

Then you clearly have not read some of the posts in the past week or so pertaining to this, or I wouldn't post something like I just did for absolutely no reason.

Did anyone in this thread suggest not taking this seriously? I didn't think so...

Did I direct it to or reply to anyone in this thread by calling them out specifically.

That's what I Thought. Just food for thought for the people who keep brushing this aside as media sensationalism. Considering this post has to do with Covid-19.

Don't start a conversation about said subject if you are not prepared to get a response you don't like.

Last edited:
NASCAR is running the next two races without fans in attendance in the stands. Please, leave the idiotic "there aren't any fans anyway" remarks in your head. Disneyland has just announced closing it's theme parks as well.

Due to concerns over COVID-19, the NHRA Gatornationals are postponed to a later date, with the exception of some Sportsman classes which will be contested without ticketed spectators.

Gatornationals postponed

We were planning on attending. Change of plans.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

Gatornationals postponed

The season is a big question right now. I have lots of friends there who were ready to get underway with qualifying tomorrow. Not to mention trying to convince me to come back and continue consulting.

It's all up in the air for now.

I'm currently at DFW on my way to RSW (Fort Myers, FL) to stay with family there then go to the Cup race at Homestead Miami. At least I will have a bit of time off of work. Well not really because I have been getting texts and emails all day and have to log in to submit our Mazda orders.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
The CDC has been saying for weeks to prepare for disruptions in daily life. This is the start. The economic fallout is going to be enormous.

Your correct
The economic fallout is going to be life changing to many many many people. My guess is that more people will go bankrupt and lose everything they have than will die from this virus.

Last edited:
Disney and Universal Studios now closed to the public.

Gonna get very bad very quickly.
shocked2.gif

They just advertised the movie The Hunt… hope the virus tanks that movie like no other

This is the only part of this whole coronavirus mess that has me concerned. With dragstrips already hurting for turnouts and revenue, this is going to push many of them dangerously close to closing the doors for good if the rest of the season gets cancelled.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

Gatornationals postponed

The season is a big question right now. I have lots of friends there who were ready to get underway with qualifying tomorrow. Not to mention trying to convince me to come back and continue consulting.

It's all up in the air for now.

02 please if you don't mind . What exactly is drag race consulting? Like set ups? Strategy? Tunes?.
I'm a former 1/4 miler and curious about your stated consulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back