T6 15w40 - what's to cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BrianF
Don't think twice. Run the 15w40. Already said, many people I know run conventional 15w40 all year up here. When it gets too cold, they use a block heater.

Only thing is my block heater has a recall on it that I still haven't fixed yet so I probably won't be using a block heater

I guess you should have got your recall done or changed the oil to 5W-40 if you're that worried about it?

The 15W-40 should be fine.

My owner's manual for my lml, if I remember correctly, states to not plug it in until 0f or colder. I'm assuming yours is similar or even better. An anti-gel, on the other hand, is a must in cold temperatures. I will not be stuck with gelled fuel again.

always wondered why we don't see this here … this one from the UK

0A68A494-E60A-491A-A882-8A43EA0BFA2D.png

Originally Posted by Too3zln
My owner's manual for my lml, if I remember correctly, states to not plug it in until 0f or colder. I'm assuming yours is similar or even better. An anti-gel, on the other hand, is a must in cold temperatures. I will not be stuck with gelled fuel again.

Yeah same for mine 0F

Originally Posted by 4WD

Because that grade is like "molasses" to you over the pond
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kamele0N
Originally Posted by 4WD

laugh.gif

I wonder what that makes the 15W-40 generally used here?

Originally Posted by tundraotto
Originally Posted by Kamele0N
Originally Posted by 4WD

laugh.gif

I wonder what that makes the 15W-40 generally used here?

15w40 was developed as a "diesel-specific" grade back in the 1970's after 10w40 oils were shown to be shearing out of grade, providing insufficient protection for diesel engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back