17 Subaru Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting near 75k on the 3.6 2017 OB Limited. With a few minor exceptions I'm loving this vehicle as my DD. I've come to really like the adaptive cruise control. Works well. BUT for some reason the small button on the steering wheel that engages the adaptive cruise gets stuck and you have to fiddle it to get it to reset (button only) to normal position. Specifically it's the lower left corner the button gets stuck in. Any ideas to help unstick this without having to take apart a steering wheel?

Another note: Took 25 minutes to change the oil last night. I realized this was my 3rd consecutive 10k OCI with M1 EP 5-30. This site has gotten me from a comfortable 5k to 7k and now I'm running 10k OCI's!

Get some isopropyl alcohol and spray down the sticking button. Could be some grime, dirt and hand oil build up making the switch stick. Give it a light spray while pushing the button several time. Wipe it clean and it may be a lot better.

A soft bristle brush along with the alcohol could help reach down between the button and the wheel. I wouldn't use a ton of any liquid though.

I was thinking of an old toothbrush dipped in Iso alcohol.

Rubbing alcohol 70% is good. Go and buy a toothpick brush. Oral B and others make them. They should be with the floss and other similar items.

Use the alcohol sparingly.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Remember when you just took a drink of soda and something funny came on the radio and you sprayed it? Didn't get it all cleaned up!

Wrong guy buddy! I haven't had a soda in at least 5+ years. That SXXX will kill ya!

Originally Posted by BISCUT
I was thinking of an old toothbrush dipped in Iso alcohol.

I wen't this route and and worked the button. As of now the stick is gone,

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Good idea and prob wise to do this monthly or so to keep it moving freely.

I'd be concerned that repeated agitation might wear away at the plastic coating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back