Which Bypass Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about putting a bypass filter system on my new Ram 2500 CTD. What thread size for the filter would be the best and easiest to find filters for. I know Amsoil uses 1-16 for their filters but I'm not sure if something else might be easier to get. I know about the restricter also. The system currently holds 12 quarts. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I bought a kit from a guy that sells the kits on EBAY. He has a few parts made and combines with off the shelf parts. Amsoil filter. Very nice, no drilling.

This is the seller, although not the exact kit I bought. Everything high quality,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Powerstroke-Diesel-6-0-bypass-oil-filter-2003-through-2007-BLACK-OPS/223843513796?hash=item341e1cf5c4:g:yZYAAOSwI~BbnASW

Originally Posted by Donald
I bought a kit from a guy that sells the kits on EBAY. He has a few parts made and combines with off the shelf parts. Amsoil filter. Very nice, no drilling.

This is the seller, although not the exact kit I bought. Everything high quality,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Powerstroke-Diesel-6-0-bypass-oil-filter-2003-through-2007-BLACK-OPS/223843513796?hash=item341e1cf5c4:g:yZYAAOSwI~BbnASW

I'll certainly check it out. Thanks

It never ceases to amaze me that people are willing to tinker with and bolt on unnecessary trinkets to a $50k+ vehicle.

I hope you really enjoy adding this but please be aware that it is completely unnecessary for the proper functionality and/or longevity of your vehicle.

Cheers!!!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by Imp4
It never ceases to amaze me that people are willing to tinker with and bolt on unnecessary trinkets to a $50k+ vehicle.

I hope you really enjoy adding this but please be aware that it is completely unnecessary for the proper functionality and/or longevity of your vehicle.

Cheers!!!
cheers3.gif

+1.

I checked out the Franz but I would like to kinda stay with a spin on filter. I got out there and looked for a place to mount one and it is crowded under the hood. Oh. And that is what I do. Tinker. Because that's what I like to do.

The FS system sounds good. Do you happen to know what the thread size is for the spin-on filter? I haven't gotten a filter base yet and I'm wanting to see what the best filter is I can get for replacements before I order 1. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back