Kirkland 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Jimmy_Russells said:
For some reason I think we covered this before

Ya think?

I am 15 minutes from maybe 10 Costcos.
I understand the COVID-19 thing, but still dumbfounded why people need so much TP.
[/quote

20.gif

Last edited:
Because... People are acting foolish...And hand sanitizer anti bacterial is not going to help... It's a virus.

Back on topic... Warren Distribution oil is a very, very good oil.

Originally Posted by daves87rs
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Jimmy_Russells said:

Ya think?

I am 15 minutes from maybe 10 Costcos.
I understand the COVID-19 thing, but still dumbfounded why people need so much TP.
[/quote

20.gif

I'd tell you but its political!

Licensed Dexos 1 Gen 2 5W-30, same as local grocery store brand 5W-30 (Meijer) and Wal-Mart Supertech, all Warren Petroleum products. Even the 5 qt jugs are the same shape/design, just different colors and labeling.
The Meijer gas stations use the same base gas as Top Tier Costco (Brenner Transport), but the gas station attendant at Costco said the additive tanks make all the difference.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Because... People are acting foolish...And hand sanitizer anti bacterial is not going to help... It's a virus.

Yeah, um, this is false. Viruses still have a membrane...

Incidentally, I'm not saying hoarding things is wise or right, but that's fairly convulsively wrong...

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
Originally Posted by bbhero

Yeah, um, this is false. Viruses still have a membrane...

Incidentally, I'm not saying hoarding things is wise or right, but that's fairly convulsively wrong...

Panic buying is what it is. Easy too create. Remember the mass hysteria over Coca Cola in Europe in 1999 where 30 million cans/bottles were thrown out. 100 people claimed they got sick after the first episode of 26 children complained of being sick after drinking Coca Cola. There wasn't anything except mass hysteria among children which can become panic in other manners. When things go out of control for people this kind of panic buying psychologically gives them a sense of being in control. One main reason why I don't care for crowds and almost always tend to go in the opposite direction from a crowd.

Sure laugh about hand sanitizer, but fools on here are stockpiling 200 or 400 quarts of motor oil which is even more deranged. Speaking of mass hysteria, only here the sickness appears day in, day out. O look everybody yesterday I cleaned out both stores in my town and bought 30 jugs of oil ( guy uploads a photo like we don't know what oil looks like, or maybe irrational gluttony requires proof). As if that is something to brag about. Look I added 30 jugs to my stash.

Hand sanitizer may not touch or totally kill it all. . It needs to be very high alcohol content...

Even then.... Alcohol does not kill everything. . Ask someone with c diff...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Well I got to my Costco when they opened this morning because I had a prescription to pick up. Maybe a hundred people in the store. They were limiting TP to one pack. Zipped right in and back out I don't think there were a hundred people in the store that early no lines to speak of at the registers.

I don't get the stocking up on TP thing.. last i checked, explosive diarrhea isn't a major issue with the coronavirus.
crazy2.gif

I think people stock up on necessities like TP and other things in case they need to stay home for extended times and limit having to venture out.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Well I got to my Costco when they opened this morning because I had a prescription to pick up. Maybe a hundred people in the store. They were limiting TP to one pack. Zipped right in and back out I don't think there were a hundred people in the store that early no lines to speak of at the registers.

I don't get the stocking up on TP thing.. last i checked, explosive diarrhea isn't a major issue with the coronavirus.
crazy2.gif

I think people stock up on necessities like TP and other things in case they need to stay home for extended times and limit having to venture out.

Amazon has TP and will deliver to your door in the event you have to stay home. There is no rational reasons for the hoarding.

Originally Posted by CKN

crazy2.gif

Amazon has TP and will deliver to your door in the event you have to stay home. There is no rational reasons for the hoarding.

Unless its reloading components or oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CKN

crazy2.gif

Lots of Amazon drivers are going to be pushed to work even if they feel sick due to a surge in online orders.

I wonder how many people have caught coronavirus from being in a crowded store buying TP and Purell??

[

[/quote]

Amazon has TP and will deliver to your door in the event you have to stay home. There is no rational reasons for the hoarding.[/quote]

Unless its reloading components or oil. [/quote]

Less than 10% of BITOG members hoard oil. It's a small "boys Club" in that regard. BTW-having a 7 year supply of oil (yes-there are at least two guys on here that have that much) IS HOARDING IMHO.

Last edited:
I keep about 2-4 years worth of oil changes on hand. Buy it once when on sale/rebates. Keep it in the closet and shake it before use. Most oils will keep for 5 years so I am fine with that.

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells

And we did so well close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back