Supertech Full Synthetic 75w-90 any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant fin a recent discussion on this but is this fluid any good? I always drain the cake batter factory 75w-140 from the police cars and put the thinner stuff in to save fuel economy. Never an issue but I always use valvoline or mobil. The price is so attractive I want to try it........

I've actually been meaning to ask the same question.. Some discussion on here about the older semi-synthetic version but none on the full synthetic. I can tell you I've got it in the rear end of my Mother's S-10, and I just finished putting it in the front/rear axle and transfer case in my Samurai. I've got no complaints so far. The price is right at under $7 a qt and its frequently sold out at the walmarts around here.

I'm currently running SuperTech 75w-90 in my 2WD '95 Dakota's 5-speed manual transmission and final drives, and the has about 8K miles on it. 238K miles on the truck. I don't notice any performance difference between the SuperTech, and the Amsoil Severe Gear and Mobil 1 iterations that preceded it.

I hope so!

I've run it in a bunch of rear diffs, T-case/PTUs over the years. Domestic and otherwise.

Well I used it last night. It was a lot more clear color than some other brands, and in my opinion flowed better thru the hand pump. Hope it is good! It sure was the best price!.

I run it in everything. My personal vehicles: Tundra, 4Runner, Rav4 and anyone else's who comes thru my garage and doesn't have a favorite brand flavor.

Just put some in my Tacoma after the rear bearing change and have no complaints really. I suspect it will perform fine under my conditions. This summer it will go in the front differential. I did have trouble finding it locally though; I bought 3 quarts a couple weeks again and had a helluva time finding the last quart for the final drain/fill. Walmart has free 2 day shipping so next time I'll just order it online.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

$7.99 shipped each from Amazon

When I last looked in to it, from looking at the assorted MSDS and spec sheets, I concluded that Supertech Full Synthetic 75W-90 was most likely identical to MAG1. However, that was a while ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back