2013 Kia Optima annoying "ACCEPT" on display screen after every start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otherwise you can't see the nav map, radio settings or energy usage on the screen. Annoying to have to press the button EVERY time I start the car. Is it like this on all Kia's in the U.S.? (Assume U.S. only models to appease their lawyers.) Is there a way to eliminate it?

A lot of cars do that, Toyota does too.

My Genesis does it, if you wait it'll go away. Or if you drive off.

On my newer BMWs I can just code it out; I don't know if that's possible on a Kia(I hope so, anyway- otherwise I may have to take the Stinger GTS off my shopping list).

Originally Posted by Nick1994
A lot of cars do that, Toyota does too.

My Genesis does it, if you wait it'll go away. Or if you drive off.

NOPE. And other cars I've driven with screens only put you through this every week or two, not EVERY time you start it.

If I recall correctly, every BMW with that ConnectDrive display since 2013(?) does it upon every start.

My Elantra does that but by the time I pull out of my driveway it goes away automatically.

Our 2013 Santa Fe Sport requires you touch "Accept" on the screen every time too. When i had newer H/K products, this requirement was eliminated - thankfully.

I've hear/read reviewers comment on this, where you have to acknowledge it every time you get in the car.
Maybe check Youtube and see if anyone has come up with an override for this.,,as long as you don't have to override the override every time you get in the car.

Last edited:
Mt VW wont let me interrface with certain sub screens if the car is moving.

What irritates me in the winter is i have to stop to disable traction control.
No that its certainly unsafe!

the new they are the worse they get + higher end vehicles are even worse!! many want all the bells + whistles until they break $$$$$

Originally Posted by double vanos
By gum!! First you have to hit the start button, then the auto stop/start delete button, then the nav button - might as well be flying a biz jet....

Love the auto stop/start on cars that have them.

Originally Posted by benjy
the new they are the worse they get + higher end vehicles are even worse!! many want all the bells + whistles until they break $$$$$

18.gif

I have two 2018 Elantra GT's and when started the screen displays a bunch of nanny crap and you have to press confirm.
Funny side note my wife told me she hears a soft ding every now and then while driving.
Well I could have had a little fun with that but declined.
We finally figured out that every time the outside temp changed it would signal with a soft ding.
Now who really cares if the temp changes while driving?

Originally Posted by marine65
I have two 2018 Elantra GT's and when started the screen displays a bunch of nanny crap and you have to press confirm.
Funny side note my wife told me she hears a soft ding every now and then while driving.
Well I could have had a little fun with that but declined.
We finally figured out that every time the outside temp changed it would signal with a soft ding.
Now who really cares if the temp changes while driving?

It's not the temperature changing persay, it's the temperature falling into a preset "freezing weather" temperature range. If it detects the ambient temperature at 39F or below, it will warn you of the potential freezing (or frozen) hazard with that chime.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by atikovi
Annoying to have to press the button EVERY time I start the car. ?

First world problems bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back