What a bargain

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
How many will contract the virus due to the greed of scalpers?

20200307_174849.jpg

Or just make your own: 2/3 cup rubbing alcohol, 1/3 cup aloe vera gel. Now that's a real bargain!

While I agree with hand sanitizer as part of precaution, what kills me are the schmucks who think that the paper face mask will do them any good. This is a whole different ballgame, this disease like a weaponized biochemical....your eyes are a port of entry. Along with other ways. Someone coughs close to you, and you are susceptible....your eyes are just as if not more of a port of entry. You need a full on face mask.

It's about as useful as the 3000 dollar drink Jim Bakker is schilling.

Originally Posted by domer10
While I agree with hand sanitizer as part of precaution, what kills me are the schmucks who think that the paper face mask will do them any good. This is a whole different ballgame, this disease like a weaponized biochemical....your eyes are a port of entry. Along with other ways. Someone coughs close to you, and you are susceptible....your eyes are just as if not more of a port of entry. You need a full on face mask.

Not to mention the fact that if there is virus present and being captured in the face mask, it too will then be a mode of infection. How many people put take the appropriate precautions when doffing their masks at the end of the day???

How many people touch the mask throughout the day to adjust it???

Why then do Doctors wear masks and lab workers?

Originally Posted by CT8

So us patients don't have to smell their nasty coffee breath?

Originally Posted by CT8

Umm when dealing with this, they wear a full on face mask if enough available. And before this they only wore them in the ER, dealing with trauma, or in surgery. And I bet you anything you walk into a hospital now, they will be wearing eye protection along with the mask in general.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CT8

Maybe to prevent their saliva mist and droplets from landing on patients and contaminate lab samples and equipment. To prevent the same from entering them when a patient expels saliva or nose mucous. There is some kind of carrier.

Originally Posted by CT8

So they don't contamine the patient or the sample, It's not about protecting the wearer, it's about protecting others. If your trying to protect youself, anything less than a positive pressure suit is a fail.

Originally Posted by reemoe2
Or just make your own: 2/3 cup rubbing alcohol, 1/3 cup aloe vera gel. Now that's a real bargain!

My thoughts exactly .....

Originally Posted by CT8

Umm when dealing with this, they wear a full on face mask if enough available. And before this they only wore them in the ER, dealing with trauma, or in surgery. And I bet you anything you walk into a hospital now, they will be wearing eye protection along with the mask in general.

Yep. Seeing that as policy / written protocol where I am.
Face shield or goggles , eye glasses Not Enough.

Been seeing lots of good and simple info via local news and not the hype and politicizing of nat'l big media.
Local cuts to health dept officials and hospitals etc for basic rules of thumb / simple common sense practices and considerations - straight dope. They are not trying to make political hay out of it, "Just the Facts".

Originally Posted by Jethro_Bob
Originally Posted by CT8

So they don't contamine the patient or the sample, It's not about protecting the wearer, it's about protecting others. If your trying to protect youself, anything less than a positive pressure suit is a fail.

They only work in one direction?

Viruses are small enough to pass through an n-95 mask anyways. It is only really useful in stopping viruses in droplets. If your wearing the mask and sneeze it will catch your "droplets" and contain them. If your wearing a mask and someone else sneezes the smaller droplets can dry midair and you could inhale them anyways, or get them in your eyes, or land on something you will touch.

If you want to be safe, decontaminate your pressurized full body suit before removing it. And maybe find some new old stock MREs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back