300,000 miles and still rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Well the 'ol car made it to 300,000 miles today on Rte 360 just east of Mechanicsville... Purchased the car with only 39,990 miles in November 2012.

The car has survived a run over a tree, a hard hit by a tree branch, and a couple of deer hits...

Original alternator and starter and powering steering pump...

Original CVT.... Changed the factory CVT fluid out at 283,500 miles... 3 drain and refills... First one was Castrol CVT transmax, next two were Eneos CVT fluid. That really did help the transmission at low speeds and high load situations. Much quieter since that was done...

Best tire award goes to Goodyear Assurance Comfortred...

Best brake pads certainly were the Akebono street performance brake pads GG rated... Going to get them back on there here in a bit.

Orginal Serpentine belt changed at 177k miles... OEM belt replaced that one...

Radiator replaced at 215k miles. CV axle on right side replaced at the same time has that too.

CV axle replaced just recently on the driver's side.. along with the that strut/shock.

Spark plugs replaced at 103k miles and 239k miles.

Have not had a car payment in a full year now... Nothing wrong with that.

I still enjoy driving the car to this day. Hopefully get another year maybe 2 out of the ol car. I have learned a whole lot while being on here which has helped me greatly. I enjoy being on here learning from so many very, very smart good guys. I hope you all have a good weekend.

Sweet !!!
Don't get to 300K without a really good maintenance program !!!
Job well done !ðŸ‘

WOW!! Congratulations to you bbhero.

My compliments to you for outstanding maintenance to achieve that milestone.

How about some pics of this chariot?

Yeah not too shabby my friend...

My dumb donkey self forgot to mention all the oils I have run it the car...all 5w30 except a run of 0w30 Castrol Edge and a occasional run of a 10w30 like Havoline Pro DS or Mobil Super Synthetic...

Pennzoil Ultra
Castrol gold bottle
Pennzoil Gold
Castrol Magnatec
Castrol Ultraclean
Valvoline Maxlife full synthetic
Valvoline White bottle
Valvoline Maxlife
Havoline Pro DS
Havoline DS
Havoline high mileage
Mobil Super
Mobil Super Synthetic
Carquest full synthetic
Cam2 Dexos1 Gen 2 full synthetic
Cam2 SuperproMax
Lubrigold
Warren Oil
Federated Auto parts full synthetic
Motorcraft
Quaker State ultimate durability
Quaker State high mileage
Castrol Edge 0w30
Royal Purple
Formula Shell
Peak high mileage
Peak full synthetic

Last edited:
35k per year BB?
A six year bank loan on a vehicle that already had almost 40K on it, when you purchased it? Wow!

Congrats and hopefully you reap more rewards ..... at least 3-4 more years of enjoyment in that Altima.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Yeah not too shabby my friend...

My dumb donkey self forgot to mention all the oils I have run it the car...all 5w30 except a run of 0w30 Castrol Edge and a occasional run of a 10w30 like Havoline Pro DS or Mobil Super Synthetic...

Pennzoil Ultra
Castrol gold bottle
Pennzoil Gold
Castrol Magnatec
Castrol Ultraclean
Valvoline Maxlife full synthetic
Valvoline White bottle
Valvoline Maxlife
Havoline Pro DS
Havoline DS
Havoline high mileage
Mobil Super
Mobil Super Synthetic
Carquest full synthetic
Cam2 Dexos1 Gen 2 full synthetic
Cam2 SuperproMax
Lubrigold
Warren Oil
Federated Auto parts full synthetic
Motorcraft
Quaker State ultimate durability
Quaker State high mileage
Castrol Edge 0w30
Royal Purple
Formula Shell
Peak high mileage
Peak full synthetic

You missed out on Wally super tech !! 🥴🥴🥴

Actually a 66 month loan... I think...

I was not too concerned about it... I was going to pay for it all the way..

Yeah I do drive a lot of miles per year.... I enjoy driving a lot. Helps me relax... And helps me think too.

Yeah really
lol.gif

Only Supertech my car got was the Dexron IV for the power steering pump fluid replacement.

I read somewheres that some CVT's where better paired with V6 instead of the peaky 4 cylinders in terms of longevity for some Nissans...

300k and your first fluid change was at 285k??? That's pretty good! Did the manual say it was a lifetime fill? What model year is your Altima? You sure didn't neglect your engine oil changes!

Well done! I hope to get there some day in my 2010 Camry purchased last year with 39K on it. About to hit 70K (yeah I drive a lot too).

Mixed ATF, a Nissan CVT and Goodyear tires. Certainly not BITOG favorites, but if it works, it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back