I am thinking of moving to Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by simple_gifts
Originally Posted by gman2304
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
One advantage is you can get cool military rifles there, trouble is , they've all been dropped on the ground......twice.

lol.gif

?

To what does this refer?

Switzerland is a neutral country; it did not surrender in WWI or WWII as this may imply.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland_during_the_World_Wars

Any alternate explanation is welcomed.

I think he meant France.

One advantage is you can get cool military rifles there, trouble is , they've all been dropped on the ground......twice.

lol.gif

?

To what does this refer?

Switzerland is a neutral country; it did not surrender in WWI or WWII as this may imply.

Certainly not a History Major...

Originally Posted by 02SE

lol.gif

?

To what does this refer?

Certainly not a History Major...

Wow. Found a tender spot.
smile.gif
Want some history? 9400 American soldiers are buried in France.Canada lost 7600 soldiers liberating Holland

Last edited:

smile.gif
Want some history? 9400 American soldiers are buried in France.Canada lost 7600 soldiers liberating Holland

More fake News, eh?

9400 American soldiers buried in France is pretty close to the number buried just at the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial.

However, the total number of American soldiers buried in France is far higher.

Yes OS2 , thanks for that. Now calculate the number of Germans and people of German descent who lived in Switzerland and you will find the answer on why Hitler did not attack them. It would have been a case of the Germans attacking their own people. While the USA and Canada fought the Nazis, the Swiss, sat on their guns and munched on Swiss chocolate.

Last edited:
Yes OS2 , thanks for that. Now calculate the number of Germans and people of German descent who lived in Switzerland and you will find the answer on why Hitler did not attack them. It would have been a case of the Germans attacking their own people. While the USA and Canada fought the Nazis, the Swiss sat on their guns and munched on Swiss chocolate. So some of you think that Switzerland stands on higher ground because they did not surrender while the French surrendered? I think not.

Last edited:
smile.gif

Clueless statement. Try going to Epinal, Brittany, and Normandy someday.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by claluja
smile.gif

Clueless statement. Try going to Epinal, Brittany, and Normandy someday.

Rather rude statement. Who are you? I don't think you have a clue of the context of this thread.

Last edited:
So Clalija. I was quoting just Normandy numbers. Epinal adds 5300 and Brittany adds another 4400. That's my point. There were serious losses of American and Canada troops while Switzerland contributed nothing to the effort. In fact their Neutral status prolonged the war.

Last edited:
So Clalija. I was quoting just Normandy numbers. Epinal adds 5300 and Brittany adds another 4400. That's my point. There were serious losses of American and Canadian troops while Switzerland contributed nothing to the effort to fight the Nazi war machine. In fact their Neutral status prolonged the war. Now go read the thread before you insult any more people.

Last edited:
Snagglefoot - when you find yourself in a hole. The first thing to do is:

Stop digging.

You're acting defensive and double-posting after your historically ignorant joke fell flat.

Now you're bickering.

This thread was humor, and posted in the humor section.

But it isn't funny anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back